Job Role: Credit Controller
Job Sector: Finance
Hours: 35 hours per week
As a Credit Controller you will contribute to our vision of being the leading residential property manager, as recognised by others by:
• Ensuring the timely arrears chasing of customer debt through first class customer service, whilst maintaining strong communications with internal departments.
The Credit Controller reports into the Divisional Credit Control Manager
You will be currently working in a customer facing role and are able to demonstrate a good understanding of customer communications and dealing with difficult conversations.
As you are able to work collaboratively with a team and department, you are also able to take ownership of issues and see through to resolution.
You are passionate about improving levels of service, and keen to support change and continuous improvement.
Being fully IT literate and confident with MS Office, means you also have the ability to work on multiple different systems simultaneously.
FirstPort is the largest and most experienced residential property manager in the UK, employing more than 3,000 colleagues dedicated to looking after peoples' home.
Great property management is about more than just bricks and mortar. We recognise and value the contribution our people make to our business and we are committed to ensuring they are skilled and equipped to do the best job they can and that they have the opportunity to realise their full potential.
Our Values set out the commitments we have made to deliver excellent service and they inform the relationships that we have with customers and clients. They shape our culture and are used in measuring and rewarding performance.
• Credit control in accordance with Debt Collection procedure for all England & Wales managed properties
• Agreeing payment terms for tenant arrears, within the set business guidelines
• Keeping diaries and notes of all customer communication in relation to debt chasing
• Working with internal departments to assist with customer queries to ensure there is no block to settlement of all debts.
• All customer communications are responded to appropriately and in line with service level agreements.
• General administration tasks required for credit control functions and recording actions
• Review accounts prior to letters before action to ensure all account details are correct to prevent requirement for de-instructions with solicitors.
Friendly - We look out for people's best interests, and show them we care by dealing with them in a warm and friendly manner.
Inventive - We're creative and resourceful. We strive to improve what we do and how we do it, so we can provide the best ideas and solutions to look after people, their homes and communities.
Respectful - We listen, consult and take on-board people's opinions and needs. We understand the importance of the home and community in people's lives, and act with respect at all times.
Skilled - We've the qualifications, experience and take great pride in our work to consistently deliver the highest standards and value for money. We're informed, and we're always building on that knowledge to constantly improve our quality of service.
Trustworthy - We're always professional, reliable, open and honest. People can depend on us to keep our promises and follow through on our commitments.
Our customers deserve the best and the same applies to our people. We'll support you with all of the technology, training and support that you need to do your job well. We offer competitive salaries and a range of benefit packages. In addition to the core benefits, we also offer a range of exclusive discounts on extra benefits to help you and your family make the most of your money, safeguard your future and look after your health.