Development and Place Marketing Manager | Castle House and Other Council Assets | June 2023
Sign in with JGP to apply online, access your online account and more. If you don't have an account, click Register to create one today.
Thanks for applying
You've clicked to apply for at .
What would you like to do next?
We'll email you when jobs matching this search are available.
Send this vacancy to a friend
Is this the perfect role for someone you know? We can email it to them - just fill out the form below. We take privacy seriously, so we don't store your friend's email address.
Development and Place Marketing Manager
- Employer: Newark & Sherwood District Council
- Reference: NSDC/23/243178
- Published: Fri 02/06/2023, 16:08 PM
- Closing on: Mon 26/06/2023, 12:00 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time
- Hours: 37.00 hours per week
- Salary: NS14 £43,516 - £45,495 Pay Award Pending
- DBS Check: No
- Location: Castle House and Other Council Assets, Nottinghamshire
Development and Place Marketing Manager
37 hours per week, permanent
NS14 £43,516 to £45,495
Pay award pending effective 01/04/23*
Would you like to play a lead role in place shaping for Newark and Sherwood?
The district has an impressive offer for visitors with the Civil War heritage of Newark, Historic Castle, beautiful minster town of Southwell, the world-famous Sherwood Forest and legend of Robin Hood. Newark and Sherwood has a strong visitor economy which generates c£300m for the area and the sector is already a significant contributor to the local economy creating business and employment.
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to develop the district’s unique place and assets and make a significant impact for our community. As advocate and the place shaping lead for the district, in this role you will:
- Develop and deliver innovative and commercially sound programmes and projects to attract not just more visitors but also to encourage them to spend more time in the district to increase the economic impact;
- Play a lead role in delivering the Council’s place shaping agenda, developing new and innovative ways in which the Council can re-shape, re-purpose, or re-invest for our communities;
- Master planning and developing a range of commercially focused activities and initiatives including income generating activities pursued by the Council along with overall promotion of destination;
- Oversee the promotion of the rich array of attractions, events and stories that await visitors;
- Integrate and coordinate the visitor offer so that, once here, visitors take in additional sites, can offer positive testimonials, and are encouraged to return through an improved understanding of what the district has to offer; and
- Demonstrate leadership and expertise in developing and executing operational programmes and projects, thus maximising opportunities to increase the economic growth and prosperity of the area.
Key requirements of the role are:
- A degree in a relevant subject and a professional qualification;
- Significant experience in the development of communities;
- Personal gravitas and skill, to be able to work positively with a range of stakeholders; and
- An excellent communicator, you will be a good networker who will be able to develop constructive relationships that deliver mutual benefits.
We’re an ambitious, forward-thinking Council with strong values and a culture of doing our absolute best to serve our customers. We are proud of our organisational culture and receive positive feedback from our employees. We have a programme of internal activity to ensure that the voices of our employees are always heard and that they are kept informed on all Council activity and events. From roadshows to an annual award ceremony, from reviewing working arrangements to our Hug in a Mug initiative, it is incredibly important our employees are shown how valued they are and that they remain the beating heart of our workplace.
We offer enrolment in the career average local government pension scheme, flexi scheme, hybrid working, a generous annual leave entitlement that increases with service, a whole host of family-friendly benefits, 1 days’ paid volunteering leave, lifestyle benefits platform, free car parking** and £10 a month gym membership at one of our four gyms in the district.
For further information or an informal discussion, please contact Neil Cuttell on 07812 506982.
*Current pay offer £1,925 per annum on all scale points, still under negotiation
*Free staff parking is valid until 31st July 2024.
A well thought through application addressing the advertised essential and desirable criteria for the post will be considered far more favourably than a generic covering letter and CV
As an employer we will promote an inclusive working environment to maintain and develop a forward thinking and diverse workforce.
Closing Date: 12 noon on Monday 26th June 2023
Occupational assessments / testing will take place w/c 3 July 2023
Interviews / assessments will be held w/c Monday 17th July 2023
How to Apply
Click here to find out
Please apply by submitting your CV and a detailed covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Click back to edit your search or next to see the next job.