Principal Building Surveyor (Repairs & Maintenance)
- Job title: Principal Building Surveyor (Repairs & Maintenance)
- Job reference: TDC0515
- Application closing date: 31st May 2023
- Location: Thanet (inclusive of Margate, Ramsgate, Broadstairs, Birchington, Westgate)
- Salary: Starting salary £56,544 per annum, with opportunity for progression to £64,452
- Contract type: Permanent, full-time (37 hours per week)
Our historic seaside towns of Ramsgate, Margate and Broadstairs and surrounding villages are rich in heritage and opportunity. With 19 miles of stunning coastline, our beautiful Blue Flag beaches, the internationally renowned Turner Contemporary, and the UK’s only Royal Harbour are all just a short train ride from central London thanks to the high-speed rail link. Our proximity to the port of Dover and the Eurotunnel at Folkestone mean Europe is on our doorstep too.
All of this, combined with a flexible approach to how we work makes it an exciting time to join Thanet District Council. We have set our sights high. We want our residents to enjoy the highest quality services. We want to ensure that by listening to local people, working in active partnership and doing things in an innovative way, we can accelerate improvement to meet the challenges ahead.
We have an abundance of projects to complete and work to do. We have nearly £100m of funding - Levelling up, Margate Town Deal, Ramsgate Port and Harbour, together with the Winter Gardens and Turner Contemporary Gallery. Thanet District Council is on the up and now is an exciting opportunity to join the council and the Estates department which is expanding and growing.
Thanet District Council (TDC) are looking for an experienced Chartered Principal Building Surveyor to lead the commercial Repairs & Maintenance division on the commissioning of all portfolio repairs, building and condition surveys and interim / final dilapidations surveys.
Our staff benefits package include
- Flexible working hours
- Remote / hybrid working
- Flexible annual leave and working arrangements
- Local Government Pension Scheme membership
- Reduced cost leisure membership, including sporting activities
- An extensive Employee Wellbeing package.
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- A Discount Club - you can save money or earn cashback in a variety of ways including in restaurants and high street shops, when booking holidays or visiting the cinema. The offers range from instant vouchers and gift cards which give you immediate savings to cashback discounts.
Core duties of the role will be
Leading on and being overall responsible for overseeing repairs and maintenance programmes and projects across the commercial property portfolio (both reactive and pre-planned ranging from 12 to 36 month planning) with values ranging from £15K to £150K, accumulating to annual budgets of £1.2m to £3m.
This post requires you to have a full driving licence and own transport or requires travelling to sites in a timely manner equivalent to motor travel in your own car.
The successful applicant will ideally be an experienced building surveyor with Chartered status and a degree in the built environment or construction fields, together with excellent interpersonal and communication skills, committed to developing effective partnerships with all council departments and other organisations.
For an informal discussion please contact Mark Peace, Interim Director of Property via Mark.Peace@thanet.gov.uk. Interviews are to be held week commencing 5th June 2023. To be considered for this opportunity please apply via Thanet District Council’s job vacancies page: Principal Building Surveyor (Repairs & Maintenance)