Category Analyst - Hard & Soft FM
Category Analyst - Hard and Soft FM
Closing Date: 21st February
Responsible for supporting category management activity within an overall category management structure. Delivers improvement in P&SC service to the business in accordance with procurement strategy and business plans. Acts as a role model of professional procurement practice, delivering high quality solutions to meet the needs of the organisation.
Plans and carries out activities that drive Procurement & Supply Chain's towards FirstPort's goal of becoming the UK's leading residential property manager 'as measured by others'.
What will your role be doing?
-Developing relationships with stakeholders to understand the needs of the business and maintains appropriate stakeholder maps.
• Liaising proactively with stakeholders to identify opportunities to promote the work of P&SC.
• Participating in and supporting procurement transformation throughout FirstPort, by working with stakeholders and responding to any issues or suggestions relating to the category.
- Supporting the Category Manager and Buyer in the development of category strategies and plans.
• Maintaining and communicating the preferred supplier and approved product/service lists for the benefit of the Category Managers and their stakeholders.
• Plan and carry out activities that drive Procurement & Supply Chain's towards FirstPort's goal of becoming the UK's leading residential property manager 'as measured by others'.
• As directed by Category Manager, conducts supply market research to identify influences on category strategy.
• Supporting the preparation and administration appropriate documentation relating to e-auctions or other competitive bidding processes.
• Supporting Category Manager and Buyers as required to maximise FirstPort's purchasing power to improve its competitive edge and to deliver best value for customers and stakeholders.
• Following and implementing processes and procedures as required that ensure improved procurement performance in a timely and effective manner.
• Monitoring and reporting on activities and provides relevant management information.
• Liaising with key suppliers as required to support P&SC, FirstPort and its customers.
• Supporting the management of supplier contracts and/or performance to meet the business needs using robust contracting methods.
• Regularly engages key customers and suppliers to understand their issues or concerns; feedback to Category Managers, Buyers and Procurement Operations; and seeks to improve procurement practice across FirstPort.
• Collecting and analysing data relating to spend and supplier performance to aid opportunity assessment; supplier development and/or contract award.
• Preparing and collects data relating to service level agreements and contract performance measures.
Who you'll be report to: Category Manager - Hard and Soft FM
Who you will be working with:
- Regional Directors, Development Managers & Property Managers
• Operational teams and Customer Support teams
• Finance System Support (FSS)
• Approved Contractors
• Purchase Ledger
• H&S Team
• Technical Services
• Other FirstPort departments
What will you be like?
Essential:Has experience of organising/managing data and producing performance analysis. Has potential to reach the Skil