Land Manager Permanent Northumberland
Your new company
Hays are delighted to be partnering a well-established organisation, who have ambitious growth and development plans to recruit a Land Manager on a permanent basis. This organisation prides itself on it being forward thinking and commercial in its approach to the organisation's land and development strategy. The successful candidate will be working closely with the Head of Land and the Land Manager to deliver this organisations growth strategy for new Residential Developments and its existing portfolio.
Your new role
As the Land Manager, your role will be working within the Land Team, working on residential development projects of various sizes across the region, and promoting the brand within the development and agency network. Key duties & responsibilities:
- Identifying and securing land opportunities for new acquisitions
- Liaising with land owners
- Development of effective relationships with stakeholders, including agents, homes and communities agency and consultants.
- To be active in networking with private sector property professionals
- To represent the organisation at meetings with external agencies and prepare reports.
- Work with Planning teams, and to have good knowledge of the planning process.
What you'll need to succeed
The successful applicant must be able to demonstrate key skills and experience in the following key areas:
- Good pre-construction / bidding experience
- Proven property management skills
- Experience in acquisitions, procurement and contract management
- Preparing and submitting bids
- Good negotiation skills
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Degree qualified in a Construction / Surveying discipline
- Ideally APC qualified or working towards
- To demonstrate drive, determination and commercial awareness in your role.
What you'll get in return
This organisation offers a good salary, mobile phone and laptop as well as excellent benefits inclusive of:
- 26 days holiday + bank holidays, which increases to 31 days after 3 years' service
- Up to 8% non-contributory pension scheme
- Half price gym membership
- Cashplan / Private Healthcare
- Various Salary Sacrifice Schemes.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.