Senior Asset Manager - Build To Rent
Senior Asset Manager - Build To Rent
LGIM Real Assets is a division of Legal & General Investment Management (LGIM), one of Europe’s largest institutional asset managers and a major global investor. Headed up by Bill Hughes, LGIM Real Assets has AUM of £24.9bn, actively investing and managing assets across commercial property, private residential, infrastructure, property lending and corporate credit.
As a residential investor, L&G’s business plan is to disrupt the existing model by owning and managing rental properties for the long term. Since launching an open-ended Build to Rent (BTR) Fund in 2016, L&G has secured £1bn to develop a significant portfolio of purpose built, private rented residential accommodation in key urban regeneration areas across the UK. To date, we have secured sites in Leeds, Bristol, Bath, Walthamstow, Birmingham, Salford and Brighton. Targeting schemes of over 150 units, our award-winning BTR platform has a pipeline of almost 2,000 homes with a target of 6,000 units in planning, development or operation by the end of 2019.
Having successfully launched our first scheme (www.theslateyard.com) and with several more equally ambitious schemes opening in 2018, we are seeking a Senior Asset Manager to join our rapidly expanding BTR team. The successful candidate will be instrumental in designing, developing and delivering market-leading schemes in this strategically important and high-profile area for L&G.
- Design and implement initial asset operational business plans. To include letting and service level strategy. Maximising asset value during the initial letting up phase.
- Continue asset management responsibility to the key schemes beyond the initial letting up period.
- Work closely on a daily basis with the Property Management partners within each scheme.
- Influence the design of new schemes to maximise operational efficiency and resident demand.
- Assist in the preparation of the Asset Business Plans, at initial site acquisition and through the hold period.
- Innovate and identify best practice globally to maximise income.
- Identify and execute value add opportunities.
- Assist in the sourcing and underwriting of appropriate investment opportunities.
- Research, model and carry out due diligence in the design and delivery of business plans.
- Liaise with the Fund’s valuers, property managing agents and solicitors.
- Assist in the Fund reporting both internally and externally.
- Develop and maintain good contacts with key advisors.
- Excellent academic background, with a numerical aptitude, strong A levels and a degree (which may be non-cognate).
- Whilst not necessarily from an asset management background, it is anticipated that the successful candidate will demonstrate a strong awareness of this function, together with a solid investment acumen and an energetic approach.
- A strong track record of experience within the residential/student/hospitality sector is preferred.
- An ability to innovate and create, to identify and implement ways to release value and grow operational income.
- Highly organised with the ability to prioritise effectively.
- A team player and a good communicator.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an exceptional team which is at the forefront of the BTR asset class. Not only will you be helping to shape local communities across the UK, you will be part of an organisation that invests responsibly, considering the social, economic and environmental impact of every investment decision.
To apply in confidence, please contact LGIM’s Retained Consultant, Joanne Cuckson, by 4th May 2018 at:
T: 020 7769 6852
Summit Search & Selection Ltd, 29 Farm Street, Mayfair, London W1J 5RL.