Strategic Asset Manager
Your main duties and responsibilities will be:-
1. To provide support and professional advice to professional staff in relation to asset management work, including options appraisals, property reviews, feasibility studies and the development of service based property strategies.
2. To develop strong working relationships with departments elected Members, partners and the private sector to ensure that the Asset Strategy and broader corporate objectives can be delivered.
3. To provide general advice and support for major property related projects, such as service wide property reviews or site specific options appraisals, as required by the Head of Service.
4. Provide professional advice and support on the implementation of options for strategic sites.
5. To lead on the acquisition or disposal of sites via appropriate means and as directed by the Head of Service.
6. To undertake the day-to-day and strategic management of the property portfolio
7. To maximise financial and operational performance as defined by the Corporate Objectives and outlined in the Asset Management Plan.
8. Responsible for leading on major projects
9. Responsible for defining asset needs, undertaking property reviews and option appraisals Creating short, medium and long term strategies for the asset portfolio
10. Support Senior Strategic Asset Manager on major projects and disposal programme
11. Undertake valuations of sites and buildings as and when required
12. Manage external consultants and draft requirement documents / brief as appropriate.
Further, you will have the proven ability and be able to :-
1. Provide strategic management of the asset portfolio to ensure maximum financial and operational return in accordance with the Corporate objectives and the objectives of the client directorates.
2. Provide professional advice to members, the Asset Management Working Group, Asset Management Board, Senior Management and provide an estates focal point for external bodies.
3. Instruct and monitor the performance of internal and external solicitors, surveyors and other professional advisors and to agree performance related fees; review overall performance and agree targets for improvement.
4. Undertake the day-to day management of assets to ensure compliance with agreement terms, statutory and contractual timetables, asset management plan and accounting requirements.
5. Advise on strategy, negotiate and/or instruct consultants to negotiate lease renewals, rent reviews, assignments, licences for alterations, applications for wayleaves and easements to achieve the identified strategy and objectives outlined in the Property Asset Management Plan.
Please get in touch with our team today on 0207 318 5871 or email