7 days left
- Full Time
The purpose of the job is to undertake the Acquisition of Land Rights and carry out Compensation work, delivering services to Transport and Utility clients, including Nationally Significant Infrastructure Projects as well as other major and minor transport, gas, water and electricity schemes, ensuring appropriate fee income to the business.
Projects to be undertaken will predominately be across South Wales but subject to client requirements which may extend across a wider geographical area.
In addition to provide assistance in the context of developing wider rural based professional services, including residential and agricultural valuations.
Formal qualification to a level that is accredited by the RICS and/or qualified as a Technical or Member of the RICS otherwise working towards membership is preferred.
- The candidate should be able to demonstrate at least 2 years’ experience in undertaking Land Rights related work within the Utility Sectors.
- The candidate should be a registered valuer or working towards becoming registered.
- A good working knowledge of IT is essential, in particular a familiarity with and understanding of the Microsoft Office packages and preferably comfortable with electronic filing systems.
- Self-starter with good interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with colleagues and clients
- The ability to work independently in an organised and methodical fashion, with a high level of attention to detail
- The ability to analyse complex and unusual property related issues and to develop solutions to deliver the optimum overall outcome, often working in collaboration with others
- The ability to manage time effectively, prioritising tasks to ensure that deadlines are met
- A willingness to be part of a team and to interact with other professional staff The ability to learn new skills and working methods and be adaptable to change
- The ability to accept responsibility and, within parameters defined by the immediate performance manager, work on their own initiative
- A willingness to undertake business development
- A proactive approach to work
- Clean and full driving licence
- Fee Earner – maximise fee income.
- Assist the Client Manager
- Ensure delivery of service with a strong customer focused approach to delivery
- To manage the utilisation of time for the team’s benefit.
- Maximising efficiency and optimising the profitability of work for the team
- To deliver agreed budgets and targets
- To deal with clients to a high standard whilst achieving job profitability
- Carry out negotiations in accordance with clients’ instructions
- Carry out property valuations in accordance with clients’ instructions
- Procurement of new work instructions wherever possible
- Assist in the delivery of agreed targets and be responsible for managing own performance whilst exceeding in core technical skills
- To attend training sessions and team meetings
- To provide support to other offices as directed