Macdonald & Company are working exclusively with a Berkshire based Public Sector organisation who are looking to appoint an Investment Manager to join their Commercial Property Department.
Our client's portfolio has grown rapidly in recent years through delivery of award-winning town centre retail and leisure regeneration schemes. The investment portfolio is a key part of the commercialisation programme to help fund front line service delivery and comprises a wide range of property assets.
An exciting opportunity has arisen within the Investment team following the recent approval of a second tranche of £100m for direct investment.
This is a new role to help manage and maximise the commercial performance of the investment portfolio. The work will include all aspects of investment management but focus on lettings, rent reviews, re-gears and related L&T interactions across a wide range of commercial and occasionally residential property.
The role will also support the acquisition and disposal of investment and development assets, ongoing management and customer care. The role will be responsible for managing its own case load as well as liaising with the wider property department, elected members and external consultants. The role requires an entrepreneurial and flexible approach working within a commercially astute team.
Below are the some of the areas of experience that are required to fulfil the role: -
- Ensure the maximisation and continuity of income from the investment assets by the timely and expert management of all lease events including rent reviews, lease renewals and letting of vacant units.
- Maintain an entrepreneurial approach to identifying opportunities for asset enhancements and lease re-gears working closely with tenants and the property management team
- Manage all Landlord and Tenant interactions working directly with tenants to maintain positive long term relationships and managing external agents and consultants where appropriate.
- Manage every aspect of each transaction including marketing, instructing agents, heads of terms, instructing and managing solicitors, due diligence, exchange, completion and handover to property management.
- Manage associated projects to prepare property for letting including dilapidation settlements and works of refurbishment and improvement for letting.
- Maintain close liaison with the property management team and support the management operation as required.
- Assist with the appraisal, acquisition, disposal and management of investment assets across a wide range of property sectors.
Please note: First round interviews will be W/C 2nd November.
Closing date: 11pm Friday 30th October 2020.
Salary: £50,000- £55,000 + attractive pension.
Please contact Alex Moore to learn more about this opportunity on 0207 318 5871 or