Your new company
Ronald McDonald House Charities has been supporting families with children in hospital for 30 years here in the UK. We currently have 11 Ronald McDonald Houses close to Children’s Hospitals. This year we opened our first relocation at the John Radcliffe Hospital in Oxford offering 30+ more rooms and enhanced facilities. We are excited that we will be able to support families in our new House in Edinburgh when the new Children’s Hospital is ready to open it’s doors in 2021.
Your new role
This is a critical role of strategic significance to the Charity. We are looking for an expert to help us manage the fabric of our growing portfolio of buildings, but who can also bring a broader perspective to the Charity on all issues and make meaningful contributions to the leadership of the organisation.
With the sponsorship and close working support in the initial phases from the Executive Director and the current Director of Development, this role will provide clear strategic direction for the establishment and management of a new Estates team.
This will be achieved whilst providing a first class service to the UK Charity and maintaining, reviewing and controlling costs within the relevant disciplines to ensure best use of charitable funds.
The need for this work features high on the agenda of our Board of Trustees with whom interaction will be a key component. It is a high profile and intense role requiring working flexibility and a determination to succeed in an environment with multiple stakeholders.
You will be based in our Head Office in East Finchley, but, due to the diverse locations of our Houses, you will be required to travel widely around the UK, with additional occasional opportunities for overseas travel and networking with our Global colleagues.
Re-Investment and Planned Maintenance:
- The identification and planning of re-investment works across the RMHC estate to maintain a high standard and quality of buildings.
- Work with Finance and Charity leadership to identify and control budget as necessary.
- Plan and develop preventative maintenance programmes – continually reassessing, formulating, articulating and delivering these key programmes in keeping with the needs of the charity.
- Monitor compliance and standards of the PPM suppliers and manage regional maintenance suppliers.
- Assist in the establishment and maintain a network of preferred suppliers across the Charity. Ensure that the supplier performance service level agreements, objectives and targets are achieved and maintained.
- Provide assistance in solving issues raised by the Health & Safety Team and ensure that full regard is taken of health and safety, and statutory compliance in the delivery of all services.
- Provide timely information and data for the preparation of the services annual repair and maintenance budgets, ensuring that due consideration is given to priority works highlighted via the asset surveys and registers.
- Work with existing external design teams to create and design new Ronald McDonald Houses, gaining feedback from key stakeholders, both internal and external.
- Work with relevant NHS Trusts to ensure any new builds are fully integrated into their estate infrastructure.
- Negotiate and oversee contractual tendering of projects, maintaining and managing relationships with framework construction partners.
- Oversee diligence and compliance of build project, working with Employer’s Agent, and hospital key stakeholder group.
- To continually ensure that Value for Money (VFM) is achieved through the set processes.
- Prepare cost information and detailed briefs for the capex/ reinvestment process.
- To monitor planned works and support commercial decision making on asset replacement.
- To monitor and track expenditure against approved budgets and report on variations.
- To financially close all projects within agreed time periods.
- To deal with all supplier queries swiftly and process invoices in line with payment terms.
What you'll need to succeed
- The successful candidate will be degree qualified and/or have a relevant professional qualification in real estate project management and/or property management.
- You will be a property professional with significant experience in the management of a portfolio of large and small properties
- The ideal candidate will have established a re-investment and maintenance programme for both large and small properties
- You will be a proven project manager with experience of measurement and tracking against key milestones, managing and mitigating any risks
- May have innovative asset management solutions, at all times protecting and, where feasible, improving margins and overall profitability.
- Experience of development of an efficient and high performing team with an effective and robust succession plan.
- Ability to proactively identify and lead efficient and effective business practices and processes.
- Have influenced key internal and external stakeholders and driven the planning process
- Experience of relationship management including suppliers and external consultants.
- Can evidence a sound knowledge of internal and external communications planning.
Specific Requirements to the Role
- Full UK driving licence and willing and able to travel within the UK including overnight stays
- Flexible and able to change business plans as circumstances change
What you'll get in return
You will receive a salary of £60,000 - £80,000 per annum depending on experience and you will be based at the main office in East Finchley, London N2 8AW.
You will also receive an attractive benefits package including:
- Company car or cash allowance
- 28 days annual leave rising to 3 days after 3 years’ service (excludes Bank Holidays)
- Employee discount scheme
- Service awards
- Private healthcare
- Generous Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
What you need to do now
Applications should be sent to the exclusive recruitment partner Diana Amalinei at Hays Property & Surveying.
Please enclose a covering letter, of no more than two pages in total, outlining how you meet the criteria set out in the person specification and your reasons for applying.
All applications will be considered immediately after the closing date of 22nd November and candidates will be informed if they have been shortlisted for first interview.