Assistant Development Manager
External Job Advert
Job role: Assistant Development Manager
Location: Reading, Berkshire
Hours: Monday - Friday 9am-5pm
Salary: £28,000 - £30,000 per annum
The job role
As Assistant Development Manager you will contribute to our vision of being the UK's favourite residential property manager by:
- Demonstrating FirstPort values in all aspects of your work and communication, to naturally develop strong relationships and enhance work quality.
- Working in close conjunction and cooperation with resident committees or associations and proactively coming up with solutions to any issues that may arise.
- Supporting the development manager to build and maintain a community atmosphere on site.
The Assistant Development Manager reports directly into the Development Manager
You will have experience working in a similar role in a fast paced and demanding environment. You will be highly organised with a good all-round understanding of building maintenance, staff management and health & safety compliance. You will be motivated, driven and a quick thinker who can easily build good relationships with a wide range of people. You will use your expertise to come up with innovative solutions.
- Identify and deliver on-going training needs to support the team, utilising appropriate internal and external methods and support as well as conduct frequent reviews with direct reports providing constructive feedback and coaching, ensuring KPI’s and SLA’s are met.
- Monitor performance, setting guidelines, managing holiday / sickness absences and organise shift cover, undertaking or organising emergency cover as required.
- Assisting with the drafting, control and reporting of the service charge budget and expenditure for the development.
- In conjunction with the development manager, participating in all customer / contractors and client meetings, ensuring issues are promptly administered and dealt with within the agreed timeframes.
- Effective liaison with customers on a daily basis, attending to any issues and enquires and ensuring matters are resolved.
- Undertake required risk assessments, health and safety checks and routine testing requirements ensuring concerns are acted upon and completed within the given timeframe.
- Support with the monitoring and supervision of contractors, carrying out works on and around the development.
- Raising of works orders and ensuring all orders are monitored and delivered within the designated time frame. Ensuring reactive/planned works are conducted to a high quality.
- To ensure all irregular incidents are investigated and reported to the development manager. To provide a response to emergency queries (out of normal office hours) directing colleagues as appropriate including attendance where necessary.
- Carry out regular inspection audits of the site and take/organise remedial action when required, ensuring the fabric of the building both externally and internally is maintained and serviced to a high standard, including the achievement of all KPIs set.
Who are we?
FirstPort is the UK’s leading residential property service provider, caring for 330,000 homes in England, Wales and Scotland, across 5,800 developments. With over four decades of experience and 3,300 employees, FirstPort works with developers, investors, freeholders and over 1,600 Resident Management Companies.
FirstPort is a member of the Association of Residential Managing Agents (ARMA), the Association of Retirement Housing Managers (ARHM), and Property Managers Association Scotland (PMAS). As well as holding a Five Star Rating from the British Safety Council, it has been awarded the British Safety Council’s prestigious Sword of Honour, is an accredited Safe Agent and belongs to The Property Ombudsman. FirstPort has also been named as one of the UK’s Top Employers by the Top Employers’ Institute for the last five consecutive years.
Why choose us?
By joining us, you will work with industry professionals who are committed to providing the highest levels of customer service, as well as ensuring we put our people first.
The benefits of working with us can include free parking, free fruit, discounted gym membership, a true work-life balance and the opportunity of growth and progression. In addition to the core benefits, we also offer a range of exclusive discounts on extra benefits to help you and your family make the most of your money, safeguard your future and look after your health.
We’re committed to promoting diversity at FirstPort and recruit on merit. We are an inclusive employer that prides itself in being so diverse.
To start your application for this role we will ask you to upload your CV and answer a few questions.
Our recruiters will work with our managers to review your CV. If unsuccessful you will be notified. If you meet the criteria for the role, we’ll be in touch to arrange a short telephone interview and our shortlist of candidates will be invited to attend interviews with the hiring manager