Senior Partnership and Business Development Manager
Senior Partnership and Business Development Manager
Department: Markets, Partners and Places
Reports To: Head of Markets, Partners, Places
Grade: Senior Specialist
JD Reference: C0064
Post Reference: C0014
Direct Reports: 0
To drive Homes England’s mission and objectives across the country and be the front door for partners to access Homes England skills and products through the development and ownership of a single pipeline of activity. The post holder will be part of a high performing team of delivery and strategy experts in building and managing relationships in priority places.
The postholder will work as part of multidisciplinary teams to unlock land and enable access to financial tools and mechanisms that encourage the delivery of housing across local markets that would not otherwise happen; working to help shape some of the agency's largest and most complex projects, aligning activity across products, programmes and directorates to support integrated delivery. They will develop deep relationships with local partners to identify opportunities for intervention and unblock problems.
- Key market players and influencers
- Local Authority Officers and Members
- Managers of housing associations and developers (in line with the Homes England engagement framework)
- Members and officers of LEPs. Combined Authorities, MHCLG and other government departments.
- Heads of Team and senior leaders across Homes England with particular reference to those based within the same geographic area
- Specialist functions from within the wider organisation, for example, Legal Services.
- Senior Managers from within relevant external stakeholder organisations, for example, local developers or commercial property agents
Key accountabilities and responsibilities
- Work alongside Investment and Development colleagues to create, discover and make opportunities to increase housing supply that wouldn’t otherwise happen to building a long term pipeline of investable opportunities.
- Participate in a problem solving approach, working collaboratively internally and externally to overcome barriers to growth, leveraging convening power to bring together local authorities, markets and partners. Ensure that Homes England utilises its full range of funding, products and skills to deliver a holistic package of intervention in places and markets.
- Develop and deepen relationships with local partners in priority housing markets to act as conduit between Homes England and key partner agencies, influencing key decisions and leveraging relationships to generate new business opportunities.
- Work as part of multidisciplinary teams, drawing relevant skills and expertise from across the agency to drive progress in complex, long term projects and enable development in priority places.
- Use data and analysis effectively to guide, support and justify decision and coordinate activity in local markets from across the agency, ensuring interventions from differing directorates, programmes and places are aligned; maximising their collective impact.
- Where necessary, act as Key Account Manager to manage relationships with local partners, building an in-depth understanding of their agency and identifying opportunities for collaboration and resolving issues.
- Promote the Homes England's mission and objectives and exemplify the Homes England Way, taking responsibility for own development and supporting others.
- Embrace Agile change methodologies and digital innovations to deliver a more agile, innovative agency.
Homes England Employees are expected to be flexible in undertaking duties and responsibilities commensurate with the general character of the role and level of responsibility.
Key skills and knowledge
- Significant experience in housing policy or development, property development, town planning, or economic development sectors is essential and an awareness and understanding of the key current Government policies and priories on housing and the contribution of Homes England to delivering these.
- Strong track record of delivering results through negotiation with multiple stakeholders and meeting expectations of organisations with differing priories.
- Demonstrate a commitment to Learning and Development to both self and teams.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues to develop and delivery Homes England's strategic objectives.
- Lead a commercial approach to developing effective relationships with partners and business development strategies, responding effectively to changing priories and market conditions.
Key performance measures
- Develop individual opportunities to enter into the single pipeline ensuring they are robust enough to hand over to delivery teams.
- Identifying new delivery partners to bring forward additional housing opportunities and deepen relationships with existing partners.
- Provide effective project management, supporting stakeholders at key points in the project lifecycle to align agency colleagues and external partners.
Values and key behaviours
- Ambitious communicating a vision that generates excitement, enthusiasm and commitment; considering in advance the differing needs of others and adapting our style appropriately.
- Commercial Using communication, influencing skills and tenacity to effectively progress complex situations and achieve results; Seeing the bigger picture; balancing short term needs with the long term impact.
- Collaborative Identifying common goals and objectives to arrive at a joint solution; Fostering mutually constructive and respectful relationships internally and externally.
Homes England values
Role model and live our values and behaviours in everything you do and celebrate successes through others
Core Values - Key Behaviours
Ambitious - We always strive for more and believe in better.
Collaborative - We work together to get things done.
Commercial - We are professionals who achieve value for money.
Creative - We’re always thinking up new ideas and disrupting the status quo.
Diverse - We value everybody as an individual, and in their thoughts and ideas.
Learning - We can always do better, share what we know, and admit our mistakes.