Client Side Building Surveyor, 6 month contract, Competitive Salary, South East London
Your new company
This well established and professional Estates Management organisation are seeking a temporary Building Surveyor to join their team. There is potential for the role to become permanent at a later date.
Your new role
- To assist the Principal Building Surveyor in preparing costed five-year cyclical repair and maintenance programmes for all the Estate's residential leasehold developments.
- To carry out regular
- Health & Safety inspections
- To carry out inspections of Scheme of Management properties, to check works have been completed in accordance with approved plans and licences for alterations.
- To assist in maintaining a list of approved contractors, included developing improvements in the administration of the current system
- To assist in maintaining an Asbestos Register
- To assist with general building surveying duties in respect of repairs, renewals and redecoration.
- To undertake site inspections, defect diagnosis, preparation of reports, budgets, preparation of specifications and drawings, obtaining estimates or tenders, ordering works, preparing contract documents where appropriate, administrating works in progress, certifying interim payments and checking final accounts.
What you'll need to succeed
You will ideally be a qualified Building Surveyor, or working towards RICS (or equivalent) qualification preferred, however consideration will be given to candidates with have extensive demonstrable experience.
My client is looking for someone who will transition smoothly into their small team and hit the ground running, but also provide support to the junior members of the team. You will be both professional and personable in the way you conduct yourself.
You will be able to effectively read and understand architectural drawings and details with a keen eye for detail. You will ideally possess specification experience, with particular emphasis on the repair and maintenance of residential properties.
Due to the nature of the role, it is essential that you own your own car.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.