A fantastic opportunity in an urban location has arisen for a Planning Officer to join a Local Authority Development Control Team in the West Midlands.
This role is a brilliant opportunity for an experienced Planning Officer to manage a mixed case load of minor to small scale major applications of up to 20 residential units, including an interesting variety of householder, mixed use, change of use schemes and listed buildings consents.
Other duties include:
- Managing a case load of minor and small scale major applications
- Attend site visits
- Conduct pre application meetings
- Prepare detailed committee reports
- Take on meetings with architects, leading developers and external consultants
- Assist with negotiation of s106 agreements
- Conducting duty planning
Successful candidates will have great communication and reporting skills and a degree in Town & Country planning or an affiliated subject with experience as a Development Control Officer at a UK practical planning authority.
If you would like to be put forward for this role please contact Emily Leed at Macdonald & Company on either 020 3764 9261 or email