Managing Surveyor - Technical
5 days left
- Full Time
LocatED is responsible for buying and developing sites in England to help meet the Government’s commitment to build new free schools, and help create 600,000 new school places by 2021.
This role is home-based , with a focus on the North of England , however there is still a requirement to come into LocatED's office based in Regent Street, London.
Main Purpose of Role
The Managing Surveyor – Technical will lead the provision of the technical and cost advice required to support LocatED’s identification, appraisal and acquisition of temporary and permanent sites for free schools.
- Taking overall responsibility for the provision of the technical and cost function advice to support the identification, appraisal and acquisition of temporary and permanent sites for schemes they are allocated.
- Undertaking site and condition assessments for potential acquisition targets and identify potential scheme options
- Leading the work of LocatED internal resource and external Technical Advisors.
- Overseeing the provision of the technical input, including commissioning site surveys and feasibility studies etc., required to allow LocatED to operate its Investment Rules.
- Undertaking due diligence of the key technical documents forming part of the acquisition process.
- Overseeing the preparation of due diligence reports on building options, setting out comparative costs, identifying key risks and issues and making recommendations regarding the best solution.
- Overseeing the preparation of handover reports for the ESFA, including bottom-up budgets for free school projects, having particular regard to abnormal costs.
- Ensuring that key performance and service level agreement targets are met within the region.
- Providing input on behalf of LocatED into Technical Advisory appointments at both scheme and framework level.
- Supporting the development and implementation of overall LocatED technical strategy, incorporating lessons learnt from projects and wider experience of the property market, planning and development.
- Establishing a reputation with clients and colleagues as a source of technical expertise.
- A degree or equivalent in Quantity Surveying, Building Surveying or Architecture.
- Full membership of a relevant body (e.g. the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors, the Institute of Mechanical Engineers, the Chartered Institute of British Architects).
- Commercial sector experience, including mixed-use developments
- Represent a company at local and regional industry conferences
- Recognised as a qualified industry specialist.
- 25 days annual leave
- Company will match up to 6% pension
- Opportunity to earn up to 20% bonus
- Ability to work from home subject to meeting business needs
- Ability to access training and other continuing professional development opportunities
Please could you complete a covering letter to accompany your application.
Apply for Managing Surveyor - Technical
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly