Subscriptions Marketing Manager
Subscriptions Marketing Manager
Reports to: Head of Marketing
Working Hours: 37.5 hours per week (9am – 5.30pm, Monday-Friday)
Metropolis Group has enjoyed significant growth in recent times, and its award-winning Blue division is now seeking an experienced subscriptions professional to take charge of marketing on its flagship title, Property Week, as well as other titles within the division. Working as part of a busy team, this role will suit someone with solid publishing experience and an eye for detail. We are based minutes from the major transport hub of East Croydon, easily accessible from large parts of London, Surrey, Kent and beyond.
Overall Purpose of the Role:
- To manage subscriptions marketing for Property Week, AV and Electronics Weekly.
- Develop and execute creative marketing plans/campaigns for each brand, in co-ordination with the Head of Marketing and other internal stakeholders, in order to achieve agreed targets.
- Manage marketing budgets, control and document all marketing spend to agreed levels of efficiency
- Analyse and optimise the subscriber acquisition, onboarding, engagement and retention processes and strategies, develop plans to enhance and improve performance in these areas
- Manage the circulation audit process, and liaise with external auditors and the circulation bureau to ensure agreed circulation targets are met
- Take the lead among internal teams in developing strategies for data acquisition, perform data analysis and help maintain and improve the marketing database
- Ensure all marketing strategies are developed in tandem with GDPR and other relevant legislation
- Develop and maintain contra and partnership deals with internal and external third parties
- Manage and update subscriptions websites and landing pages
- Develop and maintain regular reporting on campaign activity, response rates, targets and KPIs
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative research as required
- Maintain strong relationships with third party agents, vendors, bureaux and other suppliers
- Undertake competitor analysis to build a portfolio of ‘best in class’ campaigns and strategies
- Attend and provide support at events where appropriate. This may involve occasional overseas travel
- Support and deputise for the Head of Marketing as required
Personal Specifications and Competencies:
- Strong influencing and negotiating skills
- Ability to communicate and form working relationships with colleagues at all levels
- Demonstrable ability to build and manage relationships with high level stakeholders
- Excellent organisational skills, quick thinker, problem solver and able to work calmly under pressure and to tight deadlines
IT, Administrative and Organisational Skills:
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office packages, including pivot tables and other data analysis tools
- Superb planning and organisation skills, able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Experience using CRM systems
Judgement and Analysis:
- Excellent ability to interpret, analyse and disseminate complex, sensitive information.
- A strong understanding of business and organisational risk and the ability to analyse situations and apply judgement on decisions.
- Awareness of the Company’s reputational, financial and legal positions
- Resourceful and purposeful, with initiative, drive and a strong desire to deliver exceptional results
- A team player both internally and externally
- Willingness to come up with new and exciting ways to market products
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to present and explain management information clearly to a variety of audiences.
Other Special Requirements:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in subscriptions marketing, either in publishing or a similar environment, e.g. membership organisation
- Marketing qualification desirable (CIM/IDM)
- Excellent copywriting skills
- Experience of managing substantial budgets
- B2B experience desirable but not essential
To apply, send your CV and a covering letter outlining your suitability for this role to:
Head of Marketing