Head of Facilities Management (Client Side)
Head of Facilities Management (Client-Side)
Up to £75,000 plus substantial benefits, holiday allowance and pension
Capstone have been appointed by a extremely prestigious university, to support in the appointment of a new Head of Facilities Management. This role is paramount to the operational leadership of the site based management team across the multi-site campus, and the effective delivery of all service lines.
The purpose of the role is to champion the development and delivery of consistent, high levels of customer service across a University campus, delivering and maintaining fit for purpose, functionally suitable, safe, legislatively compliant facilities and services in support of University strategies that positively impact the staff, student and visitor experience.
- To lead facilities operational services, encouraging development of innovative solutions for running the services and positively impacting the staff, student and visitor experience, whilst identifying and managing any risks to the University.
- To meet formally and informally with senior members of the faculties and schools to understand any unique and specific issues the team need to address in supporting the service delivery. Maintain a good rapport with senior members of faculties and schools to ensure clear messages around services are communicated both ways.
- Proactively engage with the entire service delivery team to change hearts and minds by championing a culture of trust, openness and engagement. Actively encourage innovation and remove the blockers that get in the way of their work, be it technical, training, tools, equipment, process or procedure.
- To deliver compliance with statutory and environmental legislation, HE sector standards and University policies and procedures for all services delivered.
- To ensure the department's service contracts and SLA's are planned, specified and managed in order to derive optimum service delivery and value for money. To communicate end user requirements to all other functional areas in the department and to consider such needs when negotiating new or amending existing contractual arrangements. To provide input to any new procurement process for the relevant service areas.
- Identify, plan, resource and manage the overall budgets for the teams reporting to this post in line with the University's financial regulations. To work closely with the Finance Manager to proactively manage cost and cash flow variances.
- To proactively contribute to the development of the Estate Strategy and its integration into the strategic framework of the University. To ensure all services are delivered in accordance with sustainability and energy conservation guidelines.
- Ensure the adherence and compliance of University safety, health and well-being policies, procedures and guidance (including the management of contractors), with regard to the planning and monitoring of estates work activities. Assess the risks to the health and safety of anyone who may be affected by their activities. Ensure adequate arrangements are in place for the planning, organisation, control, monitoring and review of any resulting safety measures.
- Lead, manage and mentor the entire team to ensure development of the professional capabilities and can-do culture within the team and ensure all activities meet operational, environmental, sustainability and customer service delivery standards in line with stated SLA's, budgetary constraints, as well as legislative & safety compliance.
- To actively engage with stakeholders and the wider University community to identify opportunities for improvement and to gain knowledge of / share best practice with peers.