Senior Development Manager (Nationwide)
LocatED is a property company with an office based in London, West End. The Senior Development Manager role is home based, however there is still a requirement to come into the London office.
Main Purpose of Role
Focusing on mixed-use and developer-led solutions. Leading on the master planning, appraisal, and development of complex mixed-use schemes for free schools. Scoping and executing a range of deal structures with private sector developers, including development management arrangements and joint ventures. Responsible for leading the entire development process from inception through to completion.
- Appraising the mixed use potential of sites, including undertaking development appraisals.
- Preparation of master plans for complex sites including leading the preparation of budgets, planning applications, securing planning permission, tender preparation and evaluation, procurement of development partners and negotiating and executing contracts.
- Scoping and executing a range of deal structures with private sector developers, including identifying the optimum deal structure for each project.
- Leading and managing design teams and external Property, Technical and Legal Advisors.
- Developing and implementing procurement and delivery strategies for mixed-use schemes, including the use of development management agreements and developer frameworks.
- Ensuring all development proposals meet LocatED’s Investment Criteria and comply with all necessary procurement rules and regulations. This will involve the preparation of reports for the Investment Committee and obtaining Investment Committee approval.
- Acting as the Client Representative in the construction delivery phase.
- Taking overall responsibility for building relationships with all key stakeholders, both internally and externally.
- Ensuring that key objectives and targets are met or exceeded.
- Maximising the level of cross-subsidy from mixed-use schemes whilst ensuring commercial and technical risks are carefully managed.
- Managing and controlling budgets ensuring projects are delivered on time and within budget to the desired quality.
- Preparation of board reports tracking progress and managing risks of projects.
- Supporting the development and implementation of LocatED development strategy, incorporating lessons learnt from projects and wider experience of the property market.
- Establishing a reputation with clients and colleagues as a source of development expertise.
- Any other tasks considered necessary in order to deliver mixed use schemes from inception through to completion.
- Qualified Chartered Surveyor (MRICS/FRICS).
- An experienced professional with a thorough understanding of the entire development process.
- An understanding of the range of deal structures available to deliver mixed-use schemes.
- Knowledge of conditions in the national, regional and local property markets.
- Commercially strong and technically able to deliver complex mixed use schemes.
- Ability to manage projects and articulate the current status, future risks and likely delivery timescales. An ability to clearly communication the status of any project to any level.
- Clear, logical and concise oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Able to deliver complex developments with minimal supervision.
- Understand development and joint ventures arrangements.
- An understanding of all technical aspects of development delivery.
- Participate in the development and execution of the team’s business strategy.
- Behave in a manner consistent with the organisation’s values and standards.
- Established networks with landowners, institutional investors, developers, local authorities and professional teams.
- Track record of identifying and unlocking value in sites and negotiating and executing mixed-use deals.
- Cross-sector experience, including a significant amount of commercial experience.
- Demonstrable commercial awareness of the property market, market norms and best practice.
- Knowledge of EU and UK procurement regulations governing transaction by government bodies.
- Understanding of the structure of the English education sector.
- Experience of working for house builders and/or developers.
- Experience of working on joint ventures between the public and private sector.
- Experience of delivering schemes including education elements.
- 25 days annual leave
- Company will match up to 6% pension
- Chance to earn up to 20% bonus
Please could you complete a covering letter and motivation to accompany your application.
For further information about LocatED, please visit our website LocatED.co.uk