Building Surveyor or Senior Building Surveyor
Building Surveyor or Senior Building Surveyor jobs in Leeds recruiting for leading organisation
Your new company
An opportunity has arisen for a Building Surveyor or Senior Building Surveyor within our Leeds office. The role will involve supporting and managing our surveying teams throughout the Yorkshire area on a variety of projects within the public and private sector.
Your new role
You will work on a range of projects such as: * Planned maintenance and improvement schemes supporting numerous local authority frameworks - Project values £10k to £1m;
* Undertaking condition surveys, reports and providing Forward Maintenance plans on a variety of property portfolios and managing the resultant works;
* Regular Party Wall Award, dilapidations negotiations and other professional appointments;
* Contract administration and management of alteration/refurbishment projects for Universities, Colleges and Schools.
* Competent delivery of all contractual and technical aspects of projects with minimum supervision including the delegation and management of junior team members
* Supporting the senior managers in the day-to-day running of the business
* Maintenance of Commercial and Quality Control Procedures for projects under your control
* Working across a number of projects in different sectors and being able to provide a range of building surveying duties
* The use and application of standard forms of building contract, such as JCT/NEC
* Mentoring and training the junior Building Surveyors under your supervision and an active participation in the APC programme
* Developing business with new and existing clients across the Yorkshire region and beyond
What you'll need to succeed
* Member of the RICS
* A BSc (Hons) Building Surveying or similar degree (or equivalent)
* Sound technical surveying knowledge
* Experience managing clients and their expectations coupled with a strong understanding of profitability
* Good sound knowledge of drafting technical documents including bids
* Good AutoCAD skills
* Full understanding of Health and Safety requirements
What you'll get in return
An excellent reward package, and a clear path for progression within a leading and diverse organisation.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.