An architecturally diverse borough council with a plethora of green spaces urgently require a Tree Preservation Officer.
You will play a pivotal role supporting the council's planning service by providing specialist advice on trees impact of proposed development.
This will include processing applications for works to trees subject to Tree Preservation Orders, notifications for works in conservation areas in conjunction with the provision of technical advice.
Additional duties include:
- Undertake a programme of pro-active and planned inspections of Council tree stock, record un-plotted trees, assess tree condition and ensure their health and safety, in accordance with the Council's statutory and tree management policy obligations.
- Assist with operating and updating the Council's tree inventory and management system.
- Assist the Senior Arboricultural Officers in providing technical arboricultural advice and guidance to a range of stakeholders, including Council Members and internal Council officers.
- Deal effectively and efficiently with enquiries and complaints both verbally and in writing, adhering to the Council's tree management policies.
- Survey and assess private trees which represent a health and safety risk to users of the Public Highway and/ or have an amenity impact on Council assets and associated services.
Successful candidates will have acquired practical experience as Tree Officer issuing TPO's with an in-depth knowledge of Tree Management, arboriculture and associated legislation.
For more information please call Elliot Miles on 0207 318 5261 or click Apply Now and send us across your application. We will endeavour to contact all applicants.
£35 - £36 per hour + Umbrella Co
+44 (0)20 73185261