- Location: Any Scottish Enterprise Hub within Glasgow, Edinburgh, Dundee & Aberdeen, with home working options
- Salary: £60,102 - £69,151 (rising to £61,247 - £70,469 from 01 Jan 2024)
- Contract: Permanent – Full Time
- Reference: R00476
Be part of building Scotland’s future
Scottish Enterprise (SE) is Scotland's main economic development agency. We're committed to growing the Scottish economy for the benefit of all, helping create more quality jobs and a brighter future for every region.
Join us as a Team Leader in our Innovation and Place team, and you’ll help drive delivery of placed-based innovation programmes that will transform the Scottish economy into the leading innovation nation in the UK.
You’ll have a wide remit – from developing infrastructure investment proposals which support innovation, to helping with site acquisitions, property disposals, and asset and property management. You’ll work with colleagues, partners, and the private sector to create high-quality sites and premises for key growth sectors in Scotland.
You’ll also lead your team, driving place-based solutions for property and land development, as well as the infrastructure supporting innovation districts and the necessary ecosystems for projects to be delivered economically. This key role needs a skillful blend of initiative and proactivity, as you take ownership of projects to deliver results.
You’ll be responsible for:
- leadership and expertise across all aspects of place-making – from the acquisition of land and property to understanding commercial arrangements and disposals
- building relationships with partners, stakeholders, and investors at all levels of seniority
- providing expert advice on SE and partner-led project development, as well as developing an understanding and recognition of partners’ priorities and contributions
- managing a team which may include technical, expert, and advisory roles
- coordinating and prioritising resources to meet agreed operational delivery targets
- operational management, including monitoring and reporting on a range of programmes and project activities
- specialist technical property advisory and expertise for senior and other colleagues regarding courses of action on project and programme matters
- applying project management expertise and specialist knowledge to develop and deliver a range of place-based interventions such as acquisitions and infrastructure development activities
- leading the development of place and infrastructure projects through SE’s full Project Lifecycle
Who we’re looking for
An effective communicator, you’ll be comfortable influencing colleagues at all levels and take an innovative and enthusiastic approach to project development activity. Fundamentally, you’ll have strong place development and management skills, with a proven track record in property and infrastructure.
Your skills, abilities and experience should include:
- proven people and team management skills
- project management expertise
- a good understanding of the rationale for place-led economic development, the role it plays supporting economic growth and intervention by the public sector
- experience working within multidisciplinary, matrix project teams
Life at Scottish Enterprise
As one of Scotland’s Top 10 Flexible Employers, we pride ourselves on empowering our colleagues to work when and where they can best deliver their role in support of our corporate plan.
SE’s benefits package
Your SE benefits package will include a final salary pension scheme, flexible working arrangements, and generous annual leave allowance.
Being part of Scottish Enterprise means being open to new ideas and trying different ways of working. We support each other to reach our full potential. We celebrate shared success and learn together when things don’t go so well. And we always treat each other fairly, with respect and understanding. Together, we are the difference.
At Scottish Enterprise, we’re proud to celebrate difference. Diversity of experience and thought is vital to the success of our vision for the future of every community across Scotland. As an equal opportunity employer, we actively encourage applicants from a wide range of individuals, irrespective of age, disability, gender reassignment, gender identity and expression, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation.
We commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required, not only during the application and assessment process but throughout employment with us.
We have the following networks which are open to all colleagues to help drive inclusion, disability positive, gender balanced, multi-cultural, Multi-Generational and Pride (LGBTQ+).
Apply now to build your future with us.
Closing: 5 December 2023.
Interview date: TBC.