Job Role: Service Charge Accountant Team Leader
Location: Hybrid Role, New Milton Office
Hours: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm (35 hours per week)
What you’ll be doing:
- Managing & motivating a team of around 7 people to work alongside the relevant FirstPort teams to deliver accurate financial reporting, resolving queries and ensuring a high quality service in a timely fashion
- Set and deliver department productivity metrics and contribute to a positive team culture
- Liaise effectively with auditors to deliver a smooth audit process and provide the best possible outcome for our customers and our clients
- Pro-actively liaise with managers and auditors on any areas of concern ensuring clear action plans for resolution
- Contribute positively and effectively to the team through creative ideas, tested processes or feedback from colleagues/external parties
Who you’ll report to – Service Charge Accounting Manager
Who you’ll be working with
- Area & Development Managers
- External auditors and suppliers
- Purchase Ledger, Billing and other finance teams
- Landlord Groups
- Essential: Educated to A Level
- Essential: AAT Level 2+
- Desirable: A minimum of 3 years’ experience of working in an accounting environment
Essential: Double entry book-keeping, Accruals/Prepayments, workflow management
Essential: Microsoft Excel to at least intermediate level (data manipulation to problem solve using pivot tables / vlookups)
- A great team player, demonstrates working towards a common goal
- Takes initiative
- Keen to continually learn and develop
- An inquisitive approach with a problem solving attitude
- High attention to detail with the ability to see and challenge information
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written. Able to liaise confidently and clearly with non-financial stakeholders on complex matters
- Self-motivated and highly organised, able to prioritise your workload
- Strong customer focus, understanding both internal and external stakeholders
- A desire for FirstPort to succeed and be the favourite property manager in the UK.
Ready to Apply?
Click the below apply button to start your application for this role. We will ask you to upload your CV and answer a few questions. You may also be asked to complete verbal and numerical reasoning tests online.
If you meet the criteria for the role we’ll be in touch to arrange a short telephone interview and our shortlist of candidates will be invited to attend interviews with the hiring manager and up to three other key stakeholders.