Role: Service Charge Accountant
Location: : Hybrid Role, 2- 3 days working from either our Luton, New Milton, Worcester or Leicestershire office
Job Sector: Finance
Hours: 35 hours per week
As a Service Charge Accountant you will contribute to our vision of being the favourite residential property manager by:
- Delivering accurate financial statements and records to our customers
This role reports to the Service Charge Accounting Team Leader
You are a currently studying towards a professional accounting qualification (AAT, ACCA or CIMA) and have a minimum of 2 years' experience in an accounting environment and are looking for the next step in your career.
Your ideal role is one where you can utilise your accounting knowledge and your high attention to detail. You will use your strong communication skills to see and challenge information, ensuring a smooth accounting process for your team.
You are customer focused and thrive in working collaboratively and in a fast paced environment.
Not only does this position offer progression, if Accounts is a career path you want to explore, FirstPort will provide you with training and the opportunity to gain a AAT qualification.
FirstPort is the UK's leading residential property service provider, caring for 290,000 homes in England, Wales and Scotland, across 5,000 developments. With over four decades of experience and 4,000 employees, FirstPort works with developers, investors, freeholder sand over 1,000 Resident Management Companies.
- Deliver year end accounts to residents in a timely fashion
- Carry out the necessary transactions to ensure a smooth accounting process for accounts
- Resolve issues on accounts and ensure a quality service is provided to customers/ clients
- Deliver to department productivity metrics and contribute to the team and organisational goals
- Liaise effectively with auditors to deliver a smooth audit process and provide the best possible outcome for our customers and our clients
- Adopt a proactive approach at all times to audit and accounts, liaising with analysts/ managers on areas of concern
- Take full responsibility of your own development and contribute positively and effectively to the team through creative ideas, tested processes or feedback from colleagues/ external parties.
- Please note: Internally this role will be titled Scheme Accountant
Our customers deserve the best and the same applies to our people. We'll support you with all of the technology, training and support that you need to do your job well. We