MCR Property Group is one of the largest private developers in the UK, with projects throughout the country. As a fast growing and dynamic business, we have an increasing and varied number of new acquisitions, which we are managing through the full planning process.
We are now seeking an experienced Senior Planner to further strengthen the existing planning team in the South Region. The department is based in our new London, Mayfair offices.
The ideal candidate will have gained previous experience of working client-side and accrued substantial development and commercial acumen. A comprehensive knowledge of planning alongside an understanding of architecture, in encouraging design excellence on developments.
- A member of either the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) or Royal Town Planning Institute (RTPI).
- Rounded knowledge of planning with proven post qualification experience.
- Experience with a developer, consultancy or local authority.
- Previous client-side experience, of 10 years plus.
- Educated to postgraduate level, or equivalent.
- Excellent experience of Development Control and Management.
- Strong commercial awareness in construction and development matters.
- Highly motivated and confident in handling multiple tasks
- Able to demonstrate a high level of market and commercial awareness.
- Excellent understanding of the UK Planning System
- An ability to navigate LPAs and political environments.
- Able to communicate clearly, lead projects with precision and at pace.
- Equally able to work in an autonomous and collaborative manner.
- Commercially aware with a willingness to develop the business.
- Being a Senior Town Planner or higher, you will have a proven track record in working projects from inception through to completion.
- Experience in dealing with high profile projects across the South East.
- Have the ability to present reasoned advice in a formal and informal environment.
- Assist in achieving successful planning approvals for new and existing sites.
- Advise predominantly on residential new build and permitted developments.
- Working alongside the Planning Director, leading complex planning applications.
- Manage the Discharge of Conditions on existing schemes.
- Liaise with acquisitions managers to secure viable new developments.
- Attend Council meetings, engage with Councillors and external planning teams.
- Contribute to the internal planning team on technical matters.
- Act as a role model for professional standards and behaviours within the business.
- Seek ways to work collaboratively with other business units.
- Monitoring planning applications and appeals, negotiation of Section 106 and CIL.
- Project managing and contributing to the full planning process.
- The appointment of consultants in supporting documentation to the application.
The successful candidate will join the existing Regional South Planning Team and be exposed to an excellent opportunity in career progression.
In return for your dedication, you will receive a competitive remuneration package, plus attractive bonus structure.
We are keen to meet with suitable candidates. To be considered please send your CV information through the email application route.