One of the Midlands most progressive borough councils has an urgent requirement for a Senior/ Principal Planner.
This council is looking for a highly experienced Development Control Planner to join the team and work on a mixed caseload of Complex and Major applications entailing residential, large scale commercial, change of use and mixed-use applications etc. The council have expressed they have a number of very interesting mixed-use and residential schemes for this planner to work on comprising of several complex new Build applications.
Duties will include;
- Managing a caseload of complex to large scale major planning applications within statutory time frames
- Validation of planning applications
- Provision of paid pre-application advice to developers, architects and external consultants
- Attending site visits
- Prepare detailed committee reports
- Negotiate finalize and discharge conditions
- Coordinate appeals
Successful candidates will have a degree in Town & Country Planning or an affiliated subject and have acquired practical experience as a Principal/ Senior Planner working on the a variety of planning applications.
For more in depth detail on the role and to be considered for the position, please contact Elliot Miles on 0207 318 5261.