Senior Development Manager
Wise Living is an exciting new business which will provide high-quality, purpose-built housing for the private rental market. Our aim is to revolutionise the private rental sector by challenging existing standards, creating and nurturing communities and ultimately driving better living standards for our tenants.
By bringing together an institutional investor and a national property services firm we are uniquely placed to provide all services seamlessly from under one roof – from site identification and development through to the letting and maintenance of our properties.
With an ambitious plan to deliver thousands of new homes over the next three years, Wise Living is perfectly positioned to take the lead in this growing market.
Your life as a Senior Development Manager
You will take ownership of driving the delivery of residential units with the intention to get Wise Living to a run rate of 2,000 new properties each year over the next 3 years. To help us achieve this you will need to develop strong relationships with our developer partners and investors. You will manage your schemes from feasibility through to build completion. Day to day tasks include:
- Support our business development team to secure new development opportunities either with existing or new developers.
- Finalise outline and full business cases including investment appraisals to ensure Wise Living secure the required investor funding.
- Prepare and finalise development and financial programmes, due diligence reports and risk profiles.
- Work closely with our legal representatives during the site procurement process providing comments on legal documentation and entering into negotiations on behalf of Wise Living.
- You will instruct and consult with Wise Living’s Employers Agent from site procurement through the build process until final completion.
- Prepare and agree with Wise Living’s consultants, key activities and programme dates for works to be undertaken, monitored and ensure progress against the agreed programme.
- Ensure projects remain on budget and produce reports up to board level.
- Monitor Wise Living’s requirements in discharging agreements with statutory authorities.
- Represent Wise Living in fulfilling the client requirements under the CDM regulations 2015.
- Contribute to any necessary policy, procedure and briefing documentation.
- Report on the performance of consultants and contractors and take appropriate action to secure efficient performance.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for an experienced individual who has a proven track record of successfully managing multiple house building programmes at one time including site acquisition. Ideally qualified to a construction related degree level.
- You’ll have an in-depth and up to date understanding of all the associated contracts and documentation and the confidence to lead in discussions and negotiations.
- You will be expected to recommend commercial decisions in the best interests of Wise Living and report these for board consideration.
- You’ll have a natural ability to build positive relationships with all stakeholders in a way that establishes confidence, credibility and trust.
- You’ll be an innovative leader who will seize the potential of this role, be driven to deliver high quality solutions and services and embrace opportunities to maximise results.