SCS1, Client Director - Government Property Agency
Closing date: 19 May 2019
Salary: Circa £95,000 p.a.
This is an exciting role working within the Government Property Agency.
To realise greater value from UK Central Government’s substantial investment in land and property the 2015 Budget announced that the Government would implement a new commercially-driven approach to asset management across the central government estate The initiative has been jointly sponsored HM Treasury (HMT) and Cabinet Office (CO), and the new Government Property Agency will launch this summer.
The Client Director role exists to lead relationship building and opportunity discovery and development with one or more Central Government Departments and/or Arm’s Length Bodies (ALBs).
Over time, the intention is that client organisations will choose GPA as their preferred source of estates services, solutions and strategic advice. The role will typically involve the development of an expanding portfolio of services and programmes involving annual spend in the £10m’s and above.
Reporting to the Client Solutions Director this post is required to:
• Establish and develop strong relationships with the senior teams in client Departments and ALBs, building understanding of their respective business models and leading conversations to uncover and progress opportunities for commercial and operational breakthroughs.
• Build a pipeline of services, solutions and transformation work to fulfil the GPA’s business development plan and fulfil role-specific and client-specific financial targets.
• Create and lead virtual teams to progress specific opportunities from idea through to contractual commitment - working with solutions specialists across Client Solutions, Commercial, Programmes, Operations, Finance Directorates and delivery partners as appropriate.
• Observe the GPA’s sales and commercial practices and control mechanisms at all times.
• Expect and foster exceptionally high standards and performance from all teams (both in-house and out-sourced) in both the quality of the ideas and solutions and in their style of working and personal competencies and behaviours.
• Contribute to the development of the GPA’s propositions and market/commercial insight.
For more information and how to apply please log onto Civil Service jobs by following this link.
Circa £95,000 p.a.