Job Role: Relief Development Manager (Ref 1473)
Location: Blandford, Poole, Wimborne, Dorchester and Weymouth
Salary: £10.85 per hour plus benefits
Job Sector: Retirement - Independent Living
Hours: Flexible working, covering various sites as required
As Relief Development Manager, you will contribute to our vision of being the UK's favourite property manager by:
- Ensuring there's a welcoming, friendly and courteous environment within the development
- Making sure the building is well maintained and safe
- Being exceptionally organised to stay on top of all the admin that comes with alongside communicating with the customers about upcoming changes, events or works
The Relief Development Manager reports directly into the Area Manager.
- Maintain a high profile around the development / office, ensure our residents are checked within our requirements.
- In the event of an emergency, call the appropriate response team or authorities.
- Carry out daily checks ensuring the building is safe and secure, keeping all communal areas, gardens and grounds clean and maintained through effective management of contractors.
- Be responsible for all works being completed, raising orders, managing contractors, monitoring progress and signing off completion.
- Help build a sense of community by encouraging and supporting a Social Committee to plan and run social events for all residents.
- Build and maintain links with residents family members, local authorities; Doctors, Social Workers, Health Authority etc as required and appropriate.
- Maintain records in line with internal procedures, ensure all data is protected and kept secure at all times.
- To ensure that the development diary is completed and to leave accurate and comprehensive handover notes for the permanent House Manager outlining any occurrences and actions taken.
- Assist in the sale and re-sale of property via estate agents, make new residents feel welcome and help them settle in; where possible being present to welcome them.
- Work across your local peer team of Development Managers for advice and day to day support and travel to team / company meetings on a monthly / annual basis
You will currently be working within or have experience of a customer service environment and have a passion for providing an exceptional level of customer service at all times, ideally in a face to face environment.
Warm and friendly communication comes naturally to you, and you are able to resolve issues and any complaints effectively to the customers complete satisfaction quickly and efficiently.
You have experience of challenging and/or emergency situations and always remain calm and take the necessary actions with a high standard of professionalism. Health and safety is of great importance to you, and you have experience of performing daily checks and keeping accurate records to ensure everything is kept on track.
You are self-motivated and pro-active, you enjoy working independently but also enjoy having other supportive colleagues you can build relationships with at regular team meetings.
You are IT savvy and are confident in using laptops / tablets and are fluent in the different MS packages.
Your ideal role will be a varied one, where you're not stuck behind a desk all day; You enjoy working with people and helping to make a difference to enhance their lifestyle on a day to day basis. You also will like to travel and meeting new people, having the flexibility to work on an ad hoc basis.
FirstPort is the UK's leading residential property service provider, caring for 310,000 homes in England, Wales and Scotland, across 5,600 developments. With over four decades of experience and 4,000 employees, FirstPort works with developers, investors, freeholders and over 1,300 Resident Management Companies.
Our customers deserve the best and the same applies to our people. We'll support you with all of the technology, training and support that you need to do your job well. We offer competitive salaries and a range of benefit p