Relief Development Manager
Job Role: Relief Development Manager (Ref 465)
Location: Teeside, Middlesborough, North and West Yorkshire areas
Salary: £11.61 per hour plus benefits
Job Sector: Retirement - Independent Living
Hours: Flexible working, covering various sites as required
The job role
- Maintain a high profile around the development / office, ensure our residents are checked within our requirements.
- In the event of an emergency, call the appropriate response team or authorities.
- Carry out daily checks ensuring the building is safe and secure, keeping all communal areas, gardens and grounds clean and maintained through effective management of contractors.
- Be responsible for all works being completed, raising orders, managing contractors, monitoring progress and signing off completion.
- Help build a sense of community by encouraging and supporting a Social Committee to plan and run social events for all residents.
- Build and maintain links with residents family members, local authorities; Doctors, Social Workers, Health Authority etc as required and appropriate.
- Maintain records in line with internal procedures, ensure all data is protected and kept secure at all times.
- To ensure that the development diary is completed and to leave accurate and comprehensive handover notes for the permanent House Manager outlining any occurrences and actions taken.
- Assist in the sale and re-sale of property via estate agents, make new residents feel welcome and help them settle in; where possible being present to welcome them.
- Work across your local peer team of Development Managers for advice and day to day support and travel to team / company meetings on a monthly / annual basis.
Skills & Experience
- Customer service - a passion for providing an exceptional level of customer service at all times, ideally in a face to face environment.
- Communication - a natural communicator, with the ability to resolve issues and complaints effectively
- Health & Safety - an understanding of the importance of health & safety, experience of dealing with challenging or emergency situations
- IT - able to operate Microsoft Office applications, and confident in learning new systems
- Administration - organised, methodical and experience of keeping accurate records
- Personal - an outgoing personality, with the ability to build professional relationships with colleagues and customers, self-motivated, pro-active, team oriented, and innovative.
Who are we?
FirstPort is the UK’s leading residential property service provider, caring for 330,000 homes in England, Wales and Scotland, across 5,800 developments. With over four decades of experience and 3,300 employees, FirstPort works with developers, investors, freeholders and over 1,600 Resident Management Companies.
FirstPort is a member of the Association of Residential Managing Agents (ARMA), the Association of Retirement Housing Managers (ARHM), and Property Managers Association Scotland (PMAS). As well as holding a Five Star Rating from the British Safety Council, it has been awarded the British Safety Council’s prestigious Sword of Honour, is an accredited Safe Agent and belongs to The Property Ombudsman. FirstPort has also been named as one of the UK’s Top Employers by the Top Employers’ Institute for the last five consecutive years.
Why choose us?
By joining us, you will work with industry professionals who are committed to providing the highest levels of customer service, as well as ensuring we put our people first.
The benefits of working with us can include free parking, free fruit, discounted gym membership, a true work-life balance and the opportunity of growth and progression. In addition to the core benefits, we also offer a range of exclusive discounts on extra benefits to help you and your family make the most of your money, safeguard your future and look after your health.
We’re committed to promoting diversity at FirstPort and recruit on merit. We are an inclusive employer that prides itself in being so diverse.
To start your application for this role we will ask you to upload your CV and answer a few questions.
Our recruiters will work with our managers to review your CV. If unsuccessful you will be notified. If you meet the criteria for the role, we’ll be in touch to arrange a short telephone interview and our shortlist of candidates will be invited to attend interviews with the hiring manager.