Quantity Surveyor/Buyer – Bristol – Site Based
Salary: Variable- Dependant on experience.
This is an exciting opportunity for somebody who is motivated and ambitious to join a company looking to open an office in the South West within the coming 12 months. In addition to a Competitive Salary, Pension and Discretionary Bonus Structure, the potential for fantastic career progression and development is there for the right candidate.
- Developer of Private Sector projects using traditional design and build forms of contract
- New build works on green and brown field sites
- Demolition, extension, alteration and remodelling to existing facilities
- Internal and external refurbishment of occupied facilities
- Sectors include residential, commercial & industrial
As a Quantity Surveyor / Buyer you will provide commercial expertise and be responsible for the financial delivery of the assigned projects to ensure that they are procured and delivered within budget, to programme and to the highest quality whilst exceeding company expectations.
You will be reporting to the Senior Project Manager/Construction Director and running monthly reports, costings, contract / sub-contract packages and variations. Primarily based on site in South Bristol.
- Minimum 3 years’ QS experience working on a range of projects and values
- Developer or main contracting experience
- Experience of both pre and post contract administration including preparing cost plans,
estimates, measurement for bills of quantities, tendering & procurement, value engineering, tender reporting, valuations and final accounts
- Experience of take offs and managing procurement
- Wide knowledge of Construction Industry processes and procedures
- Technical knowledge of building materials, techniques and systems
- Experience in cost reporting and financial controls
- Thorough knowledge of current forms of contract
- Computer literate – excel/word/etc.
- Hold a full clean driving license (with no more than 6 penalty points)
Personal and Professional Attributes
- Must approach problematic situations head-on, be prepared to be a sounding board and able to provide appropriate solutions
- Strong Interpersonal Skills
- Confident with negotiating
- Professional and Flexible approach
- Diplomacy and confidentiality
- Confidence to deal with people at all levels
- Willing to go the extra mile
Desirable Experience / Qualifications
- A degree in Quantity Surveying (BSc or equivalent)
- MRICS qualified or seeking qualification
- PLC housing experience