External Job Advert
Jobrole: Property Manager
Location: South East
Hours: 35 hours per week Monday- Friday
Salary: From £28,800 plus an annual car allowance
The job role
As a property manager, you will contribute to our vision of being the UK's leading property manager by:
- Providing an exceptional Property Management and service to our customers; ensuring that our customer experience is engaging and frustration-free
- Working within our Four Pillar strategy to complete tasks that ensure the building is well maintained for the landlord and our customers so that we can demonstrate full compliance with our statutory obligations as appointed Property Manager.
- By demonstrating and living our values to be able to naturally gain new leads and to grow and move the business forward
You will be passionate about providing excellent customer service at all times and this will have been demonstrated through a proven track record. You may already work within the property sector, such experience and knowledge is desired but not essential.
An excellent communicator with the ability to negotiate and influence with all customers and stakeholders which you demonstrate through your ability to effectively chair and present meetings and deliver complex updates and financial information to different audiences. Your verbal and written skills will be of a high standard.
You will be a pragmatic problem solver who is proactive in finding the answers to ensure timely resolution for all customer queries. Able to work with autonomy across multiple environments within a portfolio.
Previous experience of challenging and/or emergency situations where you always remain calm and take the necessary actions with a high standard of professionalism. Health and safety is of great importance to you, and you have experience of performing regular checks and keeping accurate records to ensure everything is kept on track.
Self-motivated and pro-active, you enjoy working independently but also enjoy having other supportive colleagues you can build relationships with at regular team meetings.
IT savvy and are confident in using laptops / tablets. You are fluent in the different MS packages and systems as you will be efficient in maintaining administration and finance records electronically.
Your ideal role will be a varied one, where you’re not stuck behind a desk all day; You enjoy working with people and helping to make a difference to enhance their lifestyle on a day to day basis. You also will like to travel and meet new people across our organisation.
- As a remote manager, you will be autonomous in managing your own diary. You will visit each property at regular intervals and will need to prioritise sites that require more of your time and attention.
- Arrange and facilitate regular meetings with key stakeholders within your portfolio, guiding and positively influencing decisions and disputes; encouraging open two way communication and information cascade.
- Manage and authorise all expenditure throughout the year, maintaining cash flow to prevent critical funding issues and ensuring value for money for customers and clients whilst reviewing service charge audited accounts and budgets.
- Liaise with the credit control function to ensure effective debt management of the portfolio, inclusive of initial collection of routine service charge arrears – we don’t tend to do this much, collections manage this
- Ensure that all the property is managed in accordance with key Health and Safety legislation including but not limited to Fire Safety, Asbestos and Legionella / water hygiene control regulations acting as the 'Responsible 'Person for on-site Fire Safety regulation purposes
- Conduct comprehensive site inspections and visits of your portfolio ensuring portfolio KPI’s are achieved throughout the year in line with Four Pillars strategy.
- Complete all Fire, Health and Safety risk assessment/site inspection follow up actions within the defined timescales and take ownership of any Enforcement action and respond accordingly without delay to the relevant authorities
- Ensure timely delivery of major works and remedial planned works are undertaken whilst managing contracts with affiliated external Contractors overseeing their performance and scope of work, to enable us to meet the needs and expectations of our customers
- Deliver professional and effective mobilisation and management of new schemes that are brought into FirstPort management
Who are we?
FirstPort isthe UK’s leading residential property service provider, caring for 330,000homes in England, Wales and Scotland, across 5,800 developments. With overfour decades of experience and 3,300 employees, FirstPort works withdevelopers, investors, freeholders and over 1,600 Resident ManagementCompanies.
FirstPort is amember of the Association of Residential Managing Agents (ARMA), theAssociation of Retirement Housing Managers (ARHM), and Property ManagersAssociation Scotland (PMAS). As well as holding a Five Star Rating from theBritish Safety Council, it has been awarded the British Safety Council’sprestigious Sword of Honour, is an accredited Safe Agent and belongs to TheProperty Ombudsman. FirstPort has also been named as one of the UK’s TopEmployers by the Top Employers’ Institute for the last five consecutive years.
Why choose us?
By joining us,you will work with industry professionals who are committed to providing thehighest levels of customer service, as well as ensuring we put our peoplefirst.
The benefitsof working with us can include free parking, free fruit, discounted gymmembership, a true work-life balance and the opportunity of growth andprogression. In addition to the core benefits, we also offer a range ofexclusive discounts on extra benefits to help you and your family make the mostof your money, safeguard your future and look after your health.
We’re committed to promotingdiversity at FirstPort and recruit on merit. We are an inclusive employerthat prides itself in being so diverse.
To start your application for this role we will ask you to upload yourCV and answer a few questions.
Our recruiters will work with our managers to review your CV. Ifunsuccessful you will be notified. If you meet the criteria for the role, we’llbe in touch to arrange a short telephone interview and our shortlist ofcandidates will be invited to attend interviews with the hiring manager.