Job Role: Property Manager (Ref 6341)
Location: Covering a portfolio in London
Job Sector: Property Services
Hours: 35 per week
As a property manager, you will contribute to our vision of being the UK's favourite residential property manager by:
• Providing an exceptional Property Management and service to our customers; ensuring that our customer experience is engaging and frustration-free
• Working within our Four Pillar strategy to complete tasks that ensure the building is well maintained for the landlord and our customers so that we can demonstrate full compliance with our statutory obligations as appointed Property Manager.
• By demonstrating and living our values to be able to naturally gain new leads and to grow and move the business forward
This role reports to the regional manager and has a team of up to 10 direct reports and sometimes up to 10 indirect reports depending on your portfolio.
You will be passionate about providing excellent customer service at all times and this will have been demonstrated through a proven track record. You may already work within the property sector, such experience and knowledge is desired but not essential.
An excellent communicator with the ability to negotiate and influence with all customers and stakeholders which you demonstrate through your ability to effectively chair and present meetings and deliver complex updates and financial information to different audiences. Your verbal and written skills will be of a high standard.
You will be a pragmatic problem solver who is proactive in finding the answers to ensure timely resolution for all customer queries. Able to work with autonomy across multiple environments within a portfolio.
Previous experience of challenging and/or emergency situations where you always remain calm and take the necessary actions with a high standard of professionalism. Health and safety is of great importance to you, and you have experience of performing regular checks and keeping accurate records to ensure everything is kept on track.
Self-motivated and pro-active, you enjoy working independently but also enjoy having other supportive colleagues you can build relationships with at regular team meetings.
IT savvy and are confident in using laptops / tablets. You are fluent in the different MS packages and systems as you will be efficient in maintaining administration and finance records electronically.
Your ideal role will be a varied one, where you're not stuck behind a desk all day; You enjoy working with people and helping to make a difference to enhance their lifestyle on a day to day basis. You also will like to travel and meet new people across our organisation.
FirstPort is the largest and most experienced residential property manager in the UK, employing more than 3,000 colleagues dedicated to looking after peoples' home.
Great property management is about more than just bricks and mortar. We recognise and value the contribution our people make to our business and we are committed to ensuring they are skilled and equipped to do the best job they can and that they have the opportunity to realise their full potential.
Our Values set out the commitments we have made to deliver excellent service and they inform the relationships that we have with customers and clients. They shape our culture and are used in measuring and rewarding performance.
• As a remote manager, you will be autonomous in managing your own diary. You will visit each property at regular intervals and will need to prioritise sites that require more of your time and attention.
• Arrange and facilitate regular meetings with key stakeholders within your portfolio, guiding and positively influencing decisions and disputes; encouraging open two way communication and information cascade.
• Manage and authorise all expenditure throughout the ye