We have an opportunity for a Senior Property Manager to join our Property team. This is a full-time role based at our Head Office on Christchurch,
The Senior Property Manager (SPM) is a pivotal role that supports the day-to-day management of the company’s property portfolio of over 100 shops, a head office and a distribution centre. Reporting to the Head of Property, the SPM’s principle task is to be the primary contact for Stores and Landlords on all property related matters, support with lease negotiations and related documentation, maintaining accurate records of all legal documents and overseeing the maintenance and repair of the estate. This role will be acting Office Manager for the Head Office.
About the Role
- Support the Head of Property in specific lease enquiries, lease negotiations and coordinate landlord requests.
- Assist the Head of Property in new store acquisitions.
- Coordinate information flow with external, agents, surveyors, solicitors, property advisors and out sourced contractors.
- With the aid of the Help Desk, control the timely repair and maintenance of the estate.
- Set budgets and maintain cost control over the repairing expenditure.
- Maintain and cultivate good relationships with our Landlords and Managing Agents.
- Keep and maintain all legal documents relating to the property.
- Maintain accurate information relating to property within existing reporting schedules.
- Support the stores in matters relating to property.
- Arrange for legal documents to be processed and arrange for signatures.
- Coordinate with other supporting internal departments such as Finance and Operations.
- Maintain control with Utility Providers, Cleaning Contractors and other facilities.
- Produce a monthly report on specific activity for Board Reporting.
- To act as the office manager for the Head Office.
- Organised. The role requires the individual to be well organised with a pro-active mind with good time management skills
- Autonomy. Be able to and work efficiently and be self-managed.
- Diligence. Be competent and have an eye for detail.
- People Skills. Have a customer focussed attitude to deliver a top service to our internal teams. Be communicative with external contacts and be assertive and fair.
- Computer literate. Have a broad working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Driving Licence. The individual may need to travel to stores and the distribution centre.
- Knowledge of property and the dynamics of the property industry.
- Enhanced negotiation skills.
- Understanding of leases and the legal process as it relates to property.
- Ambitious and keen to progress within the business.
- An understanding of commercial property transactions.
About our Benefits
- Competitive salary
- 25% Discount Card for Hobbycraft Stores and Haskins
- Free Onsite Parking
- 33 days holiday inclusive of Bank Holidays with an increase each holiday year
- Company pension contribution
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Colleague Wellness Programme
- Membership to Retail Trust
- A creative working environment
- Outdoor Meeting Space
- Colleague Social Events