Property Management Surveyor - Commercial/Residential
We are an established firm of Surveyors and Property Consultants. We are looking to recruit senior and junior surveyors in both the commercial and residential sectors to join our Property Management Team. Operating from our Liverpool Office, the candidates will need to be a professional and enthusiastic individuals with a strong work ethic who wish to join a dynamic and fast paced environment with a varied portfolio.
Ideally, the candidates will have a minimum of 5 years post RICS qualified property management experience (MRICS Qualified or Other Relevant Professional Affiliation), with solid proven experience of managing assets/portfolios for individual investors, property companies and residential management companies.
Current/Previous experience in the Property Management sector is essential and all applicants shall possess, amongst other skills, the following attributes:
• Have a high attention to detail, well organised and a good initiative level;
• Be a team player;
• Be articulate, professional and persuasive with a good telephone manner and good report writing skills;
• Ability to work with a relatively high degree of autonomy, with minimal supervision;
• Be adaptable and above all keen and enthusiastic;
The successful candidates will need to take a very “hands on” proactive role in property management and be responsible for the following:
• Carry out regular property inspections
• Be responsible for preparing for client meetings, recording minutes of those meetings and carrying out any actions arising.
• Ensure accurate client reports are prepared to the correct specifications and issued to clients in accordance with agreed timescales.
• Reading and summarising of leases and ensure accurate data is maintained on the property management system and to regularly check update and audit the accuracy of the data
• Take a proactive approach in terms of asset management opportunities and the exploiting of potential initiatives
• Ensure compliance with all industry legislation
• Advance planning for critical lease event dates such as reviews, lease expiry and options and assisting with an implementation strategy for these
• Ensure tenant arrears are proactively managed in conjunction with the central credit control team
• Dealing with the tenant and client queries in a timely and efficient manner
• Produce service charge budgets and reconciliations
• Review service charge cash flow and budget regularly
• Liaise with the building managers to ensure that buildings are well maintained
• Invoice approval and ensuring correct coding of expenditure in line with the budgets
• Numerate and technically competent
• Strong attention to detail and a practical pragmatic common sense approach to management
• Ability to deal with challenging mandates and cope with a high work load
• Excellent IT, problem solving, analytical, negotiation, interpersonal and managerial skills
• Full, clean driving licence
Salary is dependant on role that you are applying for and experience.
Please send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com