MCR is a successful and entrepreneurial property development and investment company working across the UK with a pipeline in excess of 9,000 residential units. From offices in Manchester, London, Birmingham, and Edinburgh MCR is actively involved in acquiring, promoting and developing new residential and commercial projects.
MCR carries out all major projects with its own internal contracting arm, rather than relying on main contractors. This contracting arm is currently hiring capable Project Managers at various levels to help deliver a wide range of projects.
As we want our Project Managers to assume the lead and take ownership of individual projects we need flexible people who have good enough knowledge of all stages of project delivery.
Primary Purpose and Scope of the Job:
- End to end project management from inception through to delivery
- To be responsible for ensuring a customer focused service, whilst achieving key performance targets and value for money including compliance with H&S regulations
- To take responsibility for the effective, efficient and consistent communication of information and monitoring of budgets and progress in relation to a project.
MCR owns and carries out project work across a range of sectors, on refurbishments worth £100k to new build schemes with GDV’s of hundreds of millions of £’s. Dependant on your experience you will be expected to either work as part of a delivery team or independently depending on the size and complexities of each project.
Example tasks that you will have been involved with to some degree already and that your role with us will involve the following elements:
- Assisting in pre-planning and acquisition discussions to help with appraisal process
- Appointment of consultant teams and specialist/statutory surveys and investigations
- Working with design teams
- Knowledge and ability to assist or create basic tender packages
- Managing tender processes and displaying commerciality.
- Working with QS/design management/contracts teams in-house where appropriate
- Qualified/Full knowledge of H&S processes and implementation
- Contract monitoring, valuations
- Local authority/statutory body inspections
- Management of staff/sub-contractors
- IT literacy, competent and organised record keeping
- CSCS Card
- Relevant construction qualifications
- Minimum 5 years’ experience (recent UK based)
- Full driving licence
Salary: Competitive and to suit experience
Bonus: Industry leading per project
Development: Ongoing training provided
Future: Unlimited progression opportunity