Location: Manchester Office – Sites anywhere North West/Yorkshire
Hours of Duty: 08:00 – 17:30
Primary Purpose and Scope of the Job:
- To take responsibility for operational supervision and delivery of the project.
- To be responsible for ensuring a customer focused service, whilst achieving key performance targets and value for money including compliance with financial regulations, standing orders and audit.
- To take responsibility for the effective, efficient and consistent communication of information and monitoring of budgets and progress in relation to a project.
- Project administration and financial supervision, including the management of budgets, correct financial coding, ordering, variations and processing of payments in accordance with MCR policy, procedures and financial regulations.
- To be responsible for the delivery of MCR projects.
- To be responsible for the management and monitoring of Health and Safety for the technical officers ensuring that H&S policy and procedure are being complied with at all times.
- To be responsible for performance management by target setting & monitoring to ensure performance.
- Provide reports for a variety of stakeholder audiences and support the Asset Manager at meetings as required.
- To effectively demonstrate service improvements by being proactive with a strong focus on value for money and performance at all times.
- To assist the Asset Manager with procurement activities and the correct implementation of contracts.
- To have responsibility for the management, monitoring and regular review of resources required for the delivery of projects, ensuring that the appropriate co-operation and prioritisation is made where applicable.
- To assist the Asset Manager, be pro-active and approach work in co-operation with other Managers to identify and develop opportunities for service improvements and business development maximising the use of our investment in technology.
- To undertake works including but not limited disrepair cases, insurance claims and structural works.
- To assist with the gathering of stock condition information and the maintenance of IT systems.
Accountability & Performance Standards:
- To project manage capital investment programmes.
- To manage allocated budgets and their alignment with MCR Business Plan and Asset Management Plan; including cost forecasts/projections and final figures.
- To Manage Health and Safety compliance, giving specific consideration to CDM, Building and Planning Regulations.
- To proactively manage staff, contractors and consultants in the delivery of projects.
- To demonstrate Value for Money projects and evidence improvements in service delivery.
To communicate effectively with other departments within MCR