Reports to: Head of Design and Commercial, Senior Management Team.
Responsibility for: You may be responsible for the line management of other team members, dependant on workload and project structures as well as the management of external consultant teams.
You will be responsible for ensuring the effective programme management of the Brick By Brick residential development programme, in order to meet the targets set out in the annual business plan, as well as helping to set future development forecasts. The role involves working collaboratively with the senior management team to monitor, review and guide projects through the development cycle.
As Programme Manager, you will be required to actively manage a complex programme of projects. This will involve the early identification and mitigation of key risks as well as the co-ordination of day to day tasks to tight deadlines. This will involve matrix working with other members of the Brick by Brick team and external consultants.
You will be able to establish and implement appropriate monitoring systems and processes to manage this type programme, and be able to motivate teams to deliver projects on time and to budget. You will be able to identify key areas of risk and proactively promote and implement solutions. You will be experienced at procuring and performance managing external consultants where activities are outsourced to get the best value and outcome.
You will fully understand the ethos and philosophy of Brick By Brick and operate within the company’s governance, financial and legal frameworks at all times. You will be able to build the case for investment in specific schemes by demonstrating and/or assessing the deliverability, quality and viability of various proposals to ensure commercially efficient, sustainable developments.
You will take the lead in undertaking work in the most efficient way possible to ensure that returns to our shareholder, and therefore to Croydon residents, are optimised. This will involve working in a genuinely collaborative way with the entire wider Brick By Brick team.
You will help foster a team atmosphere of knowledge sharing, collaboration and development and contribute your knowledge and opinions to team discussions. You will ultimately be a brand ambassador for Brick by Brick and act as an advocate for the company.
Specific Minimum Qualifications and Expertise
- Professional or academic qualifications to degree standard or equivalent in a Development, Construction or Project Management related discipline.
- Demonstrable professional experience in project and programme management, achieving successful outcomes, ideally within complex housing development, infrastructure or regeneration projects.
- Previous experience in a multi stakeholder environment and ability to demonstrate good influencing and negotiation skills.
- Experience of the development and construction process from inception through to handover.
- Demonstrable ability to interface with Development Managers, Designers and Contractors.
- Experience of creating and implementing systems and processes to manage significant volumes of complex information relating to development projects.
- Experience of being ability to identify and manage risks in project and programme delivery.
- Detailed knowledge of issues affecting design and delivery of development projects in urban areas.
- An awareness of the issues affecting work delivered in a political environment.
- Competent use of appropriate technologies.
- Excellent team working skills and effective individual management skills.
- Expertise in line managing other members of staff and their development.
- Demonstrable ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines managing conflicting priorities.
- Ability to communicate complex ideas, concepts, issues and financial information clearly and simply, both verbally and in writing.
- Experience of, and a commitment to, working within Equal Opportunities objectives.
Terms and Conditions
Job title: Programme Manager
Responsible to: Head of Design & Commercial
Contract and Hours: Full time (36) permanent, including some weekend and evening work
Annual Leave: 31 days
Pension: Up to 6% contributory pension
Grade 3 SCP 15 £60K pa plus profit share scheme of up to 20% of salary