One of London's most sought after and high-profile borough councils are looking for an accomplished and talented Principal Major Applications Planner to progress major sites through the planning system.
At this borough you will be the Lead Officer managing three flagship Estate Renewal schemes through the planning system two of which will deliver over 1000 new homes in Central London.
These are challenging schemes containing complex topography, as well as phasing and decanting arrangements that require a Principal Planner with natural drive and aptitude for problem solving..
This is a high-profile role where you will contribute to the development of masterplans, manage the planning application process and work collaboratively with councils’ regeneration teams, residential development ALMO and major stakeholders including the GLA and TfL.
- In addition, as these Estate Renewal schemes are central to the delivery of the Boroughs’ council house building programme and mixed tenure developments, these projects will attract a lot of political and community interest.
- Undertake complex pre-application meetings with key stakeholders, councils development arm, agents and architects etc.
- Manage and process large scale Major and Strategic Applications for phased Estate Renewal schemes
- Trouble shoot and unblock issues surrounding complex planning applications
- Facilitate close working relationships with internal teams in Design, regeneration and development
- Consult and liaise with the GLA, TfL and key politicians
- Coordinate site visits with key stakeholders, community groups and the developer etc
- Address issues around viability.
- Represent Council at committee and informal hearings
- Manage and engage with external consultant teams undertaking studies research on behalf of the council
- Review EIA scoping reports
- Negotiate complex conditions and reserved matters
- Undertaking member briefings
- Attend Design Workshops
This Council would like to encourage applications from candidates who have processed large scale major and strategic applications in conjunction with having acquired practical experience in any of the Principal Major Applications Planner preferably with prior experience delivering Estate Renewal schemes through the planning process (although that it is not essential)
In addition, you will have a comprehensive understanding of current issues affecting planning, regeneration and local government in London from a development management and placemaking perspective.
Moreover, you will have a commitment to championing high quality development and customer service with a natural enthusiasm for large scale major and strategic development.
You must have a degree in Town & Country Planning with excellent written and communication skills and an aptitude for dealing with complex planning issues.
For further details, please feel free to contact Jeremy Wright at Macdonald & Company on 0207 318 5263 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org