One of London's most sought after and high profile borough councils are looking for a talented Principal Major Applications Planner.
This borough is at the forefront of delivering innovative regeneration projects and you will play a lead role in the management and processing of the councils "New Build Homes" planning applications.
These residential and mixed use schemes will encompass complex and constrained sites varying in size and scale from as little as 10 units up to 200 unit strategic applications.
The Boroughs New Build Housing programme will be comprised of a variety of different tenures such as affordable rent, living rent and discount market sale residential developments.
As part of this multi-faceted role you will work alongside regeneration and estate renewal professionals identifying prime strategic sites within the borough suitable for development as part of the councils new build home programme.
- Manage and process a caseload of residential and mixed use schemes as part of the Councils New Build Homes programme that includes low rise and high rise schemes.
- Liaise with Regeneration and Design Teams
- Undertake site visits
- Coordinate stage one and stage two negotiations with the GLA
- Participate in member briefings
- Attend pre-application meetings
- Assess and identify strategic development sites for new build housing
- Draft detailed reports and attend committee's when required.
The successful candidate will have acquired practical experience as a Senior or Principal Planner who is adept at processing major applications from low rise schemes to tall buildings.
Finally you will have excellent written and verbal communications skills.
For further information, please feel free to contact Jeremy Wright on 0207 318 5263.