One of London's leading borough councils renowned for delivering innovative planning solutions and high density development in some of the capitals major growth areas have an exceptional opportunity for a Principal Major Applications Planner.
Located in a prime regeneration area, this role will provide an unprecedented opportunity to progress the delivery of major sites and flagship development through the planning system encompassing strategic redevelopment projects, estate renewal and residential led mixed use schemes up to 1000 units.
Due to the sheer size and complexity of these PPA funded schemes, it is anticipated that this contract will extend on a rolling basis for up to 12 months and more.
As the lead Principal Major Applications Planner, you will play a key role working closely with the authority's development partners as part of a joint venture agreements, project managing schemes from pre-application stages, outline to approval of detail.
In addition you will liaise and negotiate with prestigious institutions such as the GLA through complex Stage1 and Stage 2 negotiations, TfL, external consultants and stakeholders such as English Heritage etc.
Key responsibilities include;
- Manage and process a caseload of large scale major and strategic applications consisting of residential led mixed use, tall buildings, community infrastructure as part of the councils flagship regeneration projects.
- Facilitate close liaison with major developers, architects and external consultants through paid pre-application meetings.
- Negotiate complex S106 agreements in conjunction with discharging conditions and finalising reserved matters.
- Undertake Member Briefings
- Draft detailed delegated reports and present at committee
- Represent Council at Public Inquiry
- Review EIA scoping reports
- Manage external consultant teams
- Conduct member briefings, engage with regeneration teams and consult with local community groups
- Liaise and work closely with external bodies including the GLA and TFL etc.
The successful Principal Major Applications Planner will have acquired practical experience as a Senior or Principal Planner in Development Management with proven track record processing large scale major applications or area based regeneration schemes through the planning system.
In addition, you will have a pro-development outlook, natural enthusiasm for major development and an aptitude for dealing with complex planning issues and applications.
Applicants must have a degree in Town & Country Planning and excellent written and communication skills.
For further details, please feel free to contact Jeremy Wright at Macdonald & Company on 0207 318 5263.