One of London's most vibrant and architecturally diverse borough councils has an urgent requirement for a Principal Design and Conservation Officer.
This is an exciting work in a borough containing prestigious conservation areas and heritage assets.
The successful candidate will be assigned to a dedicated team of Urban Design and Conservation experts who strive to enhance the borough's architectural heritage and contribute to the delivery of high quality new developments.
- Manage a diverse listed building caseload and advise on heritage related matters on the full spectrum of architectural types and scales
- Provide high level design observation for large scale major applications and their potential impacts upon historic areas.
- Liaise with numerous stakeholders including historic society's such as English Heritage and members etc.
- Participate in Design Review Panels and Committee Meetings
- Draft detailed reports
- Attend pre application meetings with colleagues in Development Management
The successful candidate will have acquired practical experience as a Senior or Principal Design & Conservation Officer who is adept at applying statutary and NPPF tests to the preservation and enhancement of conservation areas, listed buildings and other heritage assets.
This will be supplemented by prior experience delivering high quality design and heritage advice working alongside Planners and other consultees.
For further information or if you'd like to have the opportunity to discuss this post, please feel free to contact Jeremy Wright on 0207 318 5263.