Any of the following GPA offices: Birmingham (HQ), Manchester, Leeds, Nottingham, Bristol, Norwich.
The Government Property Agency (GPA) was launched as an Executive Agency of the Cabinet Office in 2018. The GPA represents a step change in the way that Government property estate and assets are managed efficiently, by providing innovative and flexible solutions across the Government estate.
Our core service is to support departments in business change and workforce transformation. The GPA is the place to be for UK’s leading professionals in estates, commercial, project management and beyond.
Lead the development and implementation of the GPA's long- term property strategy across the government Warehouse, Storage and Distribution estate. The post holder will be responsible for integrating cross GPA resources to successfully deliver the property strategy
- Manage and optimise the warehouse portfolio based on lease events, market opportunities and business requirements
- Direct the execution of the portfolio strategy, leading as required and working in partnership with relevant colleagues and service providers
- Strive to maximise space utilisation and flexibility, minimise costs, support estates awareness, provide innovative solutions and superior customer service
- Ensure portfolio plans and strategies are developed balancing business need, property quality & sustainability, total property cost & VFM, lifecycle investment, market cycles & supply, utilisation
- Act as intelligent client to senior professional advisors and providing assurance for work of more junior colleagues
- Create a cross-Government view of the make-up of the Warehouse Storage Distribution estate as it currently stands
- Work with client Departments across Government to understand their future business requirements for warehousing storage and accommodation
- Collate and analyse relevant data to identify opportunities to rationalise the portfolio to derive greater value-for-money whilst fulfilling business requirements of Departments. Produce a portfolio strategy.
- Develop an implementation plan to deliver the strategy. Identify quick wins and longer-term strategic objectives
- Manage the implementation of the portfolio strategy via both internal and external specialist resource
Line Management Responsibilities:
- Grow team and work in matrix fashion - across Gov and with ex suppliers
- Experienced in delivering Warehouse, Storage and Distribution portfolio strategies preferably on a national basis
- Experience of stakeholder engagement at a senior level.
- Experience of using commercial acumen to lead and influence supplier relationships up to and including Director level
- Experience in financial management and planning
- MRICS/FRICS accredited with a proven track record of delivery of property solutions in the WSD sector
Closing date: Monday 1st February 2021.