Role: Portfolio Manager - Service Charge Accounting
Location: Home based with travel to Luton, Worcester or New Milton
Job Sector: Finance / Operations
Hours: 35 hours per week
As a Portfolio Manager with FirstPort you will contribute to our vision of being the favourite residential property manager by:
- Taking ownership of our key client portfolios, managing the relationship between the service charge team, operations and our clients.
- Work with clients to improve our reporting capability and effectively communicate financial results to stakeholders from a non-finance background.
- Leading and developing a Service Charge Accounting team, driving performance to enable delivery of an effective and efficient service to internal and external customers, and contractors.
- Ensuring the preparation and distribution of accurate and timely service charge financial accounts, budgets and interim reports.
- Driving first time resolution to service charge queries and developing and enhancing operational teams understanding of all service charge related matters.
- Contributing to strategic objectives and process improvements by deploying a 'continuous improvement' philosophy.
This role reports to the Head of Service Charge Accounting and has a team of up to 6 direct reports.
- Confident, articulate communicator - both orally and in writing; able to influence and build relationships with all stakeholders, from site-based colleagues to directors to clients
- Self-motivated and works well in a fast-paced environment
- Taking an outside in approach, thinking like a customer, anticipating the customer's future needs and building your team's skills and performance accordingly to truly drive the highest level of customer experience
- Strong people leadership capability
- Ability to establish the root cause of problems, removing demand failure
- Excellent IT skills and up to date with new technology
- Experience in leading teams, employing a range of leadership skills tailored to the collective and individual needs to drive performance and employ performance management plans where required
- A driven individual with the ability to work at pace and be agile, reacting to customer demand where necessary
- Results orientated and delivers against action led deadlines
FirstPort is the UK's leading residential property service provider, caring for 290,000 homes in England, Wales and Scotland, across 5,000 developments. With over four decades of experience and 4,000 employees, FirstPort works with developers, investors, freeholders and over 1,000 Resident Management Companies.
- Ownership of a key client portfolio delivering service charge financials, in particular the quali