Job Role: Political Correspondence Manager
Job Sector: Customer Relations
Hours: 35 hours per week
Positive engagement with members of parliament on behalf of their constituents is an important part of our ambition to deliver exceptional customer service.
Working as the Political Correspondence Manager within the Chief Executive's Office, you will contribute to our vision of being the favourite residential property manager, as recognised by others by:
- Taking the lead on responding positively to enquiries from politicians on matters relating to their constituents
- Working with colleagues across the FirstPort group to manage a caseload of work, coordinating information relevant to the enquiry
- Ensuring consistency in the explanation of often complex ideas and technical issues - presenting responses simply and in alignment with FirstPort's tone of voice
This role reports to the Group Head of Customer Relations.
Your communication skills both written and verbal are exemplary and you have solid understanding of Customer Service and Service Recovery principles.
Having a keen interest in politics is advantageous, as you will predominantly be dealing with MP's as well as building relationships across a broad spectrum of departments and roles, including engaging senior stakeholders within the business
You thrive in high pressured environments with enthusiasm and have the proactive drive to understand complex and often technical processes, whilst maintaining a high level of attention to detail.
- Management of the correspondence process to ensure responses to enquiries received are produced to a high standard and in a timely manner
- Collaboration with colleagues across the FirstPort group to gather the necessary information to produce accurate and detailed written responses
- Production of accurate and articulate written correspondence to Government officials and other interested parties, writing with the FirstPort tone of voice and utilising the communication opportunity to provide insight into the work FirstPort does
- Creation and maintenance of a political correspondence database, collating key information about MPs and their areas of interest when contacting FirstPort
- Liaison with our public affairs team to ensure constituency correspondence is joined up with our wider political communications
- Interaction with clients for awareness and collaboration in the production of responses
- Production of status reporting for clients
- Management and upkeep of internal databases and CRM programmes
- Data Analysis and reporting
Friendly - We look out for people's best interests, and show them we care by dealing with them in a warm and friendly manner.
Inventive - We're creative and resourceful. We strive to improve what we do and how we do it, so we can provide the best ideas and solutions to look after people, their homes and communities.
Respectful - We listen, consult and