A popular and leading London Borough Council have a requirement for a Planning Officer in their fast moving Development Management Service.
caseload of minor to complex medium applications encompassing residential, commercial, change of use, mixed use, infill housing, single dwellings, new builds and commercial advertisements etc.
In addition, if you are keen to progress your career, there could be the potential to expand your skill set and picking up complex and major applications in the future.
You will undertake a variety of duties that include processing a mixed
- Managing a caseload of minor to medium planning applications within statutory time frames
- Validation of planning applications
- Provision of paid pre-application advice to developers, architects and external consultants
- Conduct duty planning
- Evaluate drawings and plans submitted by external agents, architects and members of the public.
- Prepare detailed committee reports
- Negotiate finalize and discharge conditions
- Coordinate appeals
- Advise planning enforcement teams about retrospective planning approval and variation to conditions
The successful Planning Officer will have a degree in Town & Country Planning or an affiliated subject as well as having acquired practical experience in Development Management processing a caseload of minor to medium applications.
As a Planning Officer you will engage with public and key stakeholders therefore it is essential to have good communication and report writing skills.