A high profile and pro-development London Borough Council has an urgent requirement for a Development Management Officer in one of their vibrant Area Teams.
This borough is currently undergoing unprecedented regeneration, development and economic growth across its estates and infrastructure providing you with a diverse development management caseload and a real opportunity for career progression.
Core responsibilities will include processing minor to medium applications including residential extensions, small scale change of use, mixed use, infill housing, new build, commercial advertisements and listed building consents.
However due to the sheer size and diversity of this borough, there is scope for Planning Officers to progress with processing major applications over time.
- Managing a caseload of minor to medium planning applications within statutory time frames
- Provision of paid pre-application advice to developers, architects and external consultants
- Conduct duty planning
- Coordinate and attend site visits
- Prepare detailed committee reports
- Negotiate finalize and discharge conditions
- Coordinate appeals
- Advise planning enforcement teams about retrospective planning approval and variation to conditions
Successful candidates will have a degree in Town & Country planning or an affiliated subject with practical experience as a Development Management Officer in the UK or overseas.
You will have an aptitude for processing a mixed caseload of minor to medium applications with good communication and report writing skills.