A rare and exceptional opportunity for a Planning Manager to work client side at one of London most prestigious developers.
You will play a pivotal role assisting with the transformation of a traditionally deprived area into a world class, sustainable and thriving neighbourhood by project managing innovative and cutting-edge schemes through the planning system.
As a key member of the Development Team, your primary responsibility will be to work client side preparing and submitting high profile major and strategic planning applications for approval by the regulatory team.
This is an extremely exciting position where you will have the opportunity to assist with and manage major applications for prestigious mixed-use projects that include the development of new neighbourhoods, public realm development, leisure and educational facilities with developments encompassing 650 to 1300 new homes.
As this is a multi-faceted post, you will have the opportunity to engage with multi-disciplinary teams from development through to design that may include contributing to the development of cutting-edge strategic masterplans.
- Prepare and submit large scale major and strategic applications (both outline and detail)
- Manager and procure external planning and technical consultants
- Negotiate the discharge of complex planning conditions and reserved matters
- Liaise with the GLA, TfL and other key stakeholders
- Undertake pre-application meetings and participate in stakeholder and community consultation exercises.
- Develop a close working relationship with the LLDC regulatory and major decisions team
- Contribute to the development and preparation of a new masterplan
The successful Planning Manager will have acquired a minimum of 3-5 years post qualification experience in Development Management working for a Developer, Planning Consultancy or in the public sector.
In addition, you will be adept at preparing and submitting large scale planning applications coupled with a natural enthusiasm for planning and major development.
Moreover, you will have an awareness of EIA processes with an aptitude for analysing technical reports, drawings and managing external consultants.
Finally, as Planning Manager you must a team player with excellent verbal and written communication skills, RTPI or equivalent professional membership preferred but not essential.
If you have a passion for development and strategic projects and would like to progress your career in an innovative and pro-development environment that has a proven track record of delivering large scale schemes through planning and into development, this could be the job for you!
Up to £40663.00 per annum
+44 (0)20 73185263