One of London most diverse borough councils urgently requires a Planning Enforcement Officer to deal with a varied caseload of unauthorised developments.
Working as part of as dynamic team you will undertake a numerous investigations to tackle those developments in breach of UK Planning law that will include residential, commercial, Beds in Sheds, HMO's and unauthorised works in conservation areas.
- Investigate breaches in planning legislation
- Managing and coordinating site visits
- Dealing with telephone inquiries from members of the public
- Drafting witness statements
- Manage Appeals
- Negotiate retrospective planning approval
- Liaison with development management teams and colleagues
- Draft and serve a variety of Enforcement notices that may include breach of condition and stop etc
Successful candidates will have acquired practical experience as a Planning Enforcement Officer.
You will have a thorough knowledge of town planning legislation and enforcement procedures in conjunction with good verbal communication skills and the ability to defuse contentious situations.
If you would like further information, please contact Jeremy Wright on 0207 318 5263.