Job Role: Night Concierge (Ref 7311)
Location: Newbury, Berkshire
Salary: £21,691.48 per annum plus benefits
Job Sector: Retirement - Assisted Living
Hours: Week 1: 8pm -8am 3 nights -36 hours, Week 2: 8pm - 8am 4 nights - 48 hours (Average 42 hours per week)
As the night Concierge, you will contribute to our vision of being the UKs favourite property manager by:
- Provide a high standard of customer service to our residents and all visitors to the development
- Act as main point of contact at the front desk, creating a welcoming atmosphere
- Understanding the needs of our residents enabling you to deliver excellent Front of House service
This role reports to the Estate Manager.
- Provide front of house facilities and services to our customers
- Perform, if necessary, any employee's duties in order for continual operation of the Development.
- Monitor performance, setting guidelines, managing holiday / sickness absences and organise shift cover, undertaking or organising emergency cover as required.
- Ensure all communal areas, (including the Club Lounge and Bar) as well as other aspects of the development are presentable to the highest standard and each staff member is performing as required.
- Undertake parcel and post facility and distribution to customers.
- Effective positive liaison with customers, addressing queries and concerns in a timely manner.
- Regular site inspections and reporting notable matters to the Estate Manager so that work orders can be raised where necessary.
- In conjunction with the Estate Manager, monitoring and supervising contractors carrying out works on and around the development.
- Undertake development equipment and emergency systems tests weekly and keep a log as required.
- Monitor security on site and track and resolve security concerns.
You will currently be working within or have experience of a customer service environment and have a passion for providing an exceptional level of customer service at all times, ideally in a face to face environment.
You will have an excellent understanding and experience of the residential property sector, and will have sound knowledge of building fabrics and maintenance. Experience or exposure to serving section 20 notices and understanding of major work projects is extremely desirable. You will have a good understanding of service charge budgeting.
Warm and friendly communication comes naturally to you, and you are able to resolve issues and any complaints effectively to the customers complete satisfaction quickly and efficiently.
You have experience of challenging and/or emergency situations and always remain calm and take the necessary actions with a high standard of professionalism. Health and safety is of great importance to you, and you have experience of performing daily checks and keeping accurate records to ensure everything is kept on track.
You are self-motivated and pro-active, you enjoy working independently but also enjoy having other supportive colleagues you can build relationships with at regular team meetings.
You have exceptional IT skills, and are fluent in the different MS packages. Good knowledge of property management systems and the confidence to pick up new systems quickly.
Your ideal role will be a varied one, where you're not stuck behind a desk all day; You enjoy working with people and helping to make a difference to enhance their lifestyle on a day to day basis.
FirstPort is the UK's leading residential property service provider, caring for 290,000 homes in England, Wales and Scotland, across 5,000 developments. With over four decades of experience and 4,000 employees, FirstPort works with developers, investors, freeholders and over 1,000 Resident Management Companies.
Friendly - We look out for people's best interests, and show them we care by dealing with them in a warm and friendly manner.