Job role: Maintenance Operative
Hours: Monday to Friday - 8am to 4pm
Salary: £22,500 per annum
As Maintenance Operative you will contribute to our vision of being the UK's favourite residential property manager by:
- Demonstrating FirstPort values in all aspects of your work and communication, to develop strong relationships and enhance work quality.
- Ensuring the site is well maintained always providing a clean and secure environment for residents and guests.
- Supporting the Development Manager to keep health and safety standards to a maximum.
The Maintenance Operative reports directly into the Development Manager.
- Provide general maintenance support to the Development.
- Liaise with and provide access to authorised contractors and tradesmen, notifying the Development Manager of start / completion of work accordingly.
- Report defects / incidents (either observed or reported) and take the corrective action after consultation with the Development Manager.
- Carry out monthly emergency light system checks by consistent and regular testing and ensure monthly fire alarm checks are undertaken with Development Manager.
- Maintain accurate records of maintenance / lighting issues.
- Undertake any routine general repairs / refit door locks.
- Ensure all tools are maintained and kept securely, only used by authorised personnel.
- Pressure wash / clean bin stores on a weekly basis and ensure all footpaths and communal areas are kept clean and swept.
- Carry out any touch up paint work in communal areas within the buildings, as and when required.
- Carry out regular checks and maintenance of terrace areas, including watering plants.
Who are we?
FirstPort is the UK’s leading residential property service provider, caring for 330,000 homes in England, Wales, and Scotland, across 5,800 developments. With over four decades of experience and 3,300 employees, FirstPort works with developers, investors, freeholders and over 1,600 Resident Management Companies.
FirstPort is a member of the Association of Residential Managing Agents (ARMA), the Association of Retirement Housing Managers (ARHM), and Property Managers Association Scotland (PMAS). As well as holding a Five Star Rating from the British Safety Council, it has been awarded the British Safety Council’s prestigious Sword of Honour, is an accredited Safe Agent and belongs to The Property Ombudsman. FirstPort has also been named as one of the UK’s Top Employers by the Top Employers’ Institute for the last five consecutive years.
Why choose us?
By joining us, you will work with industry professionals who are committed to providing the highest levels of customer service, as well as ensuring we put our people first.
The benefits of working with us can include free parking, free fruit, discounted gym membership, a true work-life balance and the opportunity of growth and progression. In addition to the core benefits, we also offer a range of exclusive discounts on extra benefits to help you and your family make the most of your money, safeguard your future and look after your health.
We’re committed to promoting diversity at FirstPort and recruit on merit. We are an inclusive employer that prides itself in being so diverse.
To start your application for this role we will ask you to upload your CV and answer a few questions.
Our recruiters will work with our managers to review your CV. If unsuccessful you will be notified. If you meet the criteria for the role, we’ll be in touch to arrange a short telephone interview and our shortlist of candidates will be invited to attend interviews with the hiring manager.